Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what did or going to buy with your stimulus money for your HD. I'm getting some chrome accessories i think.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,276 Posts
Still no check, and I won't know until the 20th when I get my monthly bank statement to see if it was direct deposited. Can't get crap calling the bank right now.

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Still no check, and I won't know until the 20th when I get my monthly bank statement to see if it was direct deposited. Can't get crap calling the bank right now.
Same for us. But from info previously provided by Taxmanhog, even though wifey and I both have SS checks direct deposited we never gave the IRS any bank account info when filing taxes cause we just write them a check and ain't got no stinkin' tax refunds in many years so, therefore, we are expecting a paper check in the mail. And I read, and maybe Taxman also mentioned it, that the paper checks mailed will go to those with a lower AGI amount first. So, our AGI was below the threshold and we both are expecting the full $1,200 but we weren't that much below the AGI for receiving the full stimulus amount. So we are just waiting patiently.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to give 1200.00 back since the wife passed in nov last year. I sure had plans with that extra 1200.00 but easy come easy go just thankful i got the 1200.00.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,276 Posts
I'm not going to lose any sleep over not knowing, but I am fearful as to how the politics of this thing are going to evolve, and I so regretfully remember the Nixon-Ford era of runaway inflation where we had to work OT out the ass just to keep up. This is going to have, I fear, a similar repercussion wherein what buckos we have are going to diminish in value. God, please make me wrong. And what really bad timing with an election coming up. Makes one wonder if this wasn't a Chinese plot to slam The Donald for trying to make them semi-honest. Regardless, be ready to get screwed.

·
Registered
38,500 Posts
I'm not going to lose any sleep over not knowing, but I am fearful as to how the politics of this thing are going to evolve, and I so regretfully remember the Nixon-Ford era of runaway inflation where we had to work OT out the ass just to keep up. This is going to have, I fear, a similar repercussion wherein what buckos we have are going to diminish in value. God, please make me wrong. And what really bad timing with an election coming up. Makes one wonder if this wasn't a Chinese plot to slam The Donald for trying to make them semi-honest. Regardless, be ready to get screwed.
It's already kicking in.... I was told last week no annual raise, no end of year bonus, no company matching on 401K, gotta use up 75% of vacation by Sept 30.... Not even so much as a Vaseline dispenser!

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
My wife plans on giving her stimulus to the local animal shelter that we have gotten our last 3 pets from. It is a well run and clean facility. I'll sit on mine until I find something that will make me feel good inside. I'm particularly fond of Military and Law enforcement organizations. I need nothing for myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts