Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2015 ULTRA
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
just though I would give you all feedback on what I did, and how it worked and sounded!

I do not want the CAT inside my header pipe, and I like more sound from the mufflers, BUT,...
I wanted to keep the stock look!

I went to American Custom Exhaust
and bought the powerflex stock headpipe that is gutted empty, with NO visible evidence on the outside that it was cut open.
Looking inside the opening you can see it is EMPTY of the cat.

Then I bought his BOMBER mufflers, which are stock mufflers gutted, but with a thin glass wrap around the outside of the inside of the can. and he has mounting plates for Baffles if you want to install one or both baffles.
it gives you three options for sound level, no baffles, baffle in one, or baffle in both.

I run mine with No baffles and it is quiet around town, but Barks when you get closer to WOT, wide open throttle.
they are perfect if you want to keep the STOCK exhaust system look.
:wink
American Custom Exhaust Systems

here is the link.
reasonably priced too!
:grin

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
Hi All,
just though I would give you all feedback on what I did, and how it worked and sounded!

I do not want the CAT inside my header pipe, and I like more sound from the mufflers, BUT,...
I wanted to keep the stock look!

I went to American Custom Exhaust
and bought the powerflex stock headpipe that is gutted empty, with NO visible evidence on the outside that it was cut open.
Looking inside the opening you can see it is EMPTY of the cat.

Then I bought his BOMBER mufflers, which are stock mufflers gutted, but with a thin glass wrap around the outside of the inside of the can. and he has mounting plates for Baffles if you want to install one or both baffles.
it gives you three options for sound level, no baffles, baffle in one, or baffle in both.

I run mine with No baffles and it is quiet around town, but Barks when you get closer to WOT, wide open throttle.
they are perfect if you want to keep the STOCK exhaust system look.
:wink
American Custom Exhaust Systems

here is the link.
reasonably priced too!
:grin

Great work you have done. It is all in the sound ... the stock exhaust is like killing the bike.

If you have some plans to upgrade the whole bike let post it ... and you know ... we are hungry of some pics :laughing

·
2015 ULTRA
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bro Roman, I have pics in the GARAGE link under my name. the Bike has the stock exhaust on the outside, so in the pics, it looks exactly stock. BUT, the inside of the Headpipe and mufflers are empty.
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts