Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone guestimate what a stock rear rim for my 2003 Deuce might cost? I can't find a price for a stock rim anywhere.

The reason I ask, my buddy has one off his old Deuce, never used. I told him I'd give him $50 for it just to have as a backup. Does that seem about right?

Someone offered him $150, but never came to pick it up, so he's just giving it to me for the $50 to get rid of it.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
PRO BIKE FLIPPER
1,351 Posts
Yea, 50 Is A Good Deal, Idk About Ever Going Up To 150 For A Duece Wheel, But Some People Have More Money Then Me

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I got it off him last week. He even threw in the 2003 softail service manual, so it was more than a good deal.

Dave, how much you think it would cost to chrome the wheel? It's already off the bike, just needs cleaned. Also, would there be any spacer issues with the extra layer of chrome on it, or would I be able to work everything without any adjustments?

·
Registered
36,713 Posts
Yeah, I got it off him last week. He even threw in the 2003 softail service manual, so it was more than a good deal.

Dave, how much you think it would cost to chrome the wheel? It's already off the bike, just needs cleaned. Also, would there be any spacer issues with the extra layer of chrome on it, or would I be able to work everything without any adjustments?
Don't know about chroming that wheel. Just checked with Brown's Plating, and they won't chrome wheels.

But if you do find someone to chrome it, just leave the bearings in the wheel, then remove and replace them after you get it back.

·
PRO BIKE FLIPPER
1,351 Posts
most places wont chrome wheels, others will but due to recent laws making chem disposal more complicated they with only do a 2 stage chroming, as opposed to the triple plating. the 2 stage usually lasts about2 years before fading or flakin occurs, plus its really hard to find a place that even offeres a decent warrenty on it for any extended period of time.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I had my rim chromed three years ago. Picked up a good used wheel off of Craigs list for $50 and had that one chromed. I wanted my stock rim kept in good condition in case the chroming process screwed up the other rim. After a year with no issues, I sold my rim for $50. The chrome still looks like new.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deucedog, wheel looks real good! How much did it cost you to chrome it? There are a few places around me that I'm hoping will do it. Just trying to get an idea and rough estimate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts