Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to buying the kit from HD for my 2009 FLSTC . On their website, it says it is plug-and-play. However, the instructions say something about following this wire from the fuse box, cutting that wire at the relay, using the supplied butt connector and heat shrink tubing. Also mentions drawing more amps than standard and that the stop lamp circuit must be modified

This is from the HD website:

Turn signal module adds an auxiliary brake light and running light function to your existing turn signals for auxiliary rear lighting.

Red lenses glow when the headlamp is on, and increase in intensity when brakes or turn signals are activated
Easy-to-install, the kit simply plugs into your existing wiring harness

So which is it? It works just plugging it in, but do I need to do the mod or not?? :what?

·
2,327 Posts
The kit is plug and play. Pull the seat off, find the connector going to rear lights and disconnect, plug the kit connector between the two disconnected and you're good to go.

·
Super Moderator
12,729 Posts
I think the cutting and splicing was for older models. Look at the instructions closely. If this is a 69461-06D, then the cutting and splicing is at Step 5.
"5. For 1997-1999 FLHR and FLHRCI models only:"

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
Should be plug & play. Extra lighting well worth the money spent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts