Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley's don't have center stands and the majority of owners just do the normal winterizing and let them sit on the (jiffy) stand. Is there any down side to that approach or is it a bunch of worry for nothing...my 99 is my first and with 24xxx on her i want to treat her right.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
39,441 Posts
That's all I do.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Depends on what you consider a "extended period of time". Battery tender and some "StaBil" or whatever you choose for your fuel is usually all most guy's do. I know I put mine up on my Sear's lift, for the winter, but then again, mine is usually in 1000 pieces too. :laugh Thankfully, not this year tho.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Mine stays on the side stand hooked up to a tender with sta-bil in the fuel, but I ride it every time we get a thaw.

Last year bit. There was a 9 or 10 week span that I didn't ride once. That's unusual since I'm willing to dress like I'm snowmobiling to get a ride.

·
2,327 Posts
On the Sears lift to get it up off the cement floor. Lots of below zero weather here. Standard winterizing of course :)

·
Done
4,154 Posts
They use so much effing road salt here that I don't chance riding it in the winter. I wait til spring after a few rain showers. It's a long winter. I usually wrap it up around the middle of November and depending on the thaw, unwrap the bike around the end of March or into April. I drive it on a tarp into a front wheel chock, then throw a soft cover over it. Tender is plugged in and just stabil the fuel. I run it around the country block after its stabiled though, then wrap it up of course. My garage is heated. Not warm just about 45 degrees is enough.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes to the sta-bil in the fuel,but here in ptld.or. we don't get below freezing to many days in a row and i don't want to buy a cheapo lift just to get it off the floor. I'm still on the fence about my lift options for my 99 dyna wg.....J&S vs. Table lift. Spring is right around the corner..right?....in new zealand.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
When I park mine... I can't say the "S" word.. for a long time. I have it on the jiffy, make sure the fluids are recent or just done, and the tank full, on a tender. The last two years I haven't used any fuel additive. Last year really sucked, it was parked from Oct to April. Hit it, she fired right up. My parking spot is heated to a constant 60 degrees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts