Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent an hour getting my gear ready last night, to prove how tough I am
by riding this morning, 26 degrees and blowing. And an hour long commute.

I think instead I'll prove that I don't need to prove anything, and ride in the nice warm car.

Besides, people in Texas don't turn off their sprinklers in the winter... (excuses, excuses ..)

I know, I'll take my wife's Corvette, that'll make me feel less wimpy.

·
Registered
89 Posts

I think instead I'll prove that I don't need to prove anything, and ride in the nice warm car.

Besides, people in Texas don't turn off their sprinklers in the winter... (excuses, excuses ..)
Heck, I just looked at the weather radar in Dallas. If I lived there I wouldn't even leave the house<g>
Bob

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I just got clear and cold, perfectly dry and not even blowing as much as it was earlier.
I got no good excuse, Just wimpy.

·
Super Moderator
12,729 Posts
I'm already at work. The V-Rod is parked outside. I am just starting to regain feeling in my fingers :D

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey some times even tough guys say screw it and hop in the cage. Below 32f is a good reason in my book to take the cage.

·
Super Moderator
12,729 Posts
Hey some times even tough guys say screw it and hop in the cage. Below 32f is a good reason in my book to take the cage.
I want names - they lose their man card :box:

·
Registered
89 Posts
"I want names - they lose their man card"

Add mine to the list.....

"....I am just starting to regain feeling in my fingers"

...makes it too hard to pick my nose<g>

Bob

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got my first Harley about 1 month ago. I got to ride it over thanksgiving, one day a few weeks before that but really only to go get it titled and plated, and it has sat since then. It's killing me!!
But they are talking about 50 on sunday so I oughta be able to get it out ONE MORE TIME before the winter temps really set in. I AM STOKED that I can get one more day to ride it before it goes up for the season.
I purchased FBI true duals, a Power Commander, and a bunch of accessories so I will really not know much about what it rode like as "stock" when I got it ...only how it runs in the spring with all the new stuff installed.
Thats ok though...as long as it gets warm someday....prolly 3+ months from now! I hate to think of it that way.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
hahahah "less wimpy" in a car that probably has booty warmers in it!!!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts

I know, I'll take my wife's Corvette, that'll make me feel less wimpy.
You don't need to prove anything to me Nathan.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahahah "less wimpy" in a car that probably has booty warmers in it!!!
As a matter of fact, her Corvette does have booty warmers.
I didn't take it anyway. I got the same engine with a 6 spd in my car, so it's easier the do manly things with it.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I rode today. Eventually it got to 54 degrees and bright sunshine. It was the 40 mph wind gust that got to be a pain.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Wore the Gerbing gloves on the way in (27F), plugged in, and the Lux glam gloves (iKon) with HD liners on the way home (48F).

·
IBA Member 40248
120 Posts
This forum kills me!! In the DC area, we are getting a break from old man winter this weekend.. temps above 40 and clear till monday nite. In fact, Monday is supposed to be clear and in the mid 50's.. YEAH BABY!!! GIGGITY!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts