Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw something strange. They were the size of regular motorcycles but looked more like mini bikes. Had small wheels but sounded nearly like a Harley. There were about 6 of them the first time I saw them this morning, then one by itself this afternoon. Wasn't fast enough to get a picture though. Any ideas? They definitely weren't scooters.

edit: afterthought: Actually they looked more like a cross between and old school mini bike and a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have taken a picture if I could have. I was riding and my phone was in my pocket. By the time I could have stopped and gotten it out they would have been blocks away and I lost them anyway with the traffic lights.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, I'm scouring google looking for a picture of one. As soon as I find one I'll post it.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
By the way, I'm scouring google looking for a picture of one. As soon as I find one I'll post it.
Just do a Bing image search for "mini harley" and hundreds will pop up. They also call them "pocket bikes".

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I believe that was probably what I saw. Thank you, was going to drive me crazy before the night was over if I didn't find out. Not really, but it was bugging me. :)

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
Those are way cool.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just read on the local news site that the Cushman Club of America is meeting this year here in Abilene this week.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Just read on the local news site that the Cushman Club of America is meeting this year here in Abilene this week.
If you can make it, go to their meeting point. They have a winter meet near me some years. A lot of nice old scooters (with big prices). They look and sound great when they are on a group ride.
My first motor vehicle was a Cushman Eagle of unknown year, in 1959.
It was a p.o.s. when I got it, and not as nice when I got rid of it. But it had a motor and straight pipe!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Could have been an older Ridley. The older models look like mini-harleys - the newer ones are full-sized.

Automatic, but they're pretty pricey so there are not many on the road.

Sammi

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you can make it, go to their meeting point. They have a winter meet near me some years. A lot of nice old scooters (with big prices). They look and sound great when they are on a group ride.
My first motor vehicle was a Cushman Eagle of unknown year, in 1959.
It was a p.o.s. when I got it, and not as nice when I got rid of it. But it had a motor and straight pipe!
They're in town through Thursday. I might get a chance depending on work. A herd of about 6 or 7 of them went in front of me at a traffic light.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Could've also been a Mustang.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Mustang mini...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts