Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see if you can figure this on out. Installed a set of used Screamin Eagle Street Cannons last weekend. Sounds great other than now it seems more sound is coming out the right pipe with a lot more deceleration pop than the 1st week they were on.

Noticed today that the left side pipe is blowing stronger and hotter than the right side.....What????? I know, It should be the exact opposite. At least that's what I've read on other posts and forums.

All I want to know is am I going to hurt this new bike? What can I do to make the exhaust more equal without going to a true dual system and re mapping it.

Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Did you check to see if both baffles are there and the same type? Could also be an exhaust leak.
And it might help to know what bike you have.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
:D Yes what bike you actualy have

·
Registered
986 Posts
Popping on decel is a lean pop (normal), I would take of the right muffler and take a good look at the baffle and other internals to make sure something isn't in the can blocking airflow. That and a possible leak is the only things that would create that issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry bout that... Bike is a 15 Ultra Limited. It's my first Harley, so I'm still on a bit of a high that I finally got one.

Talked with my dealer mechanic and he said nothing is wrong or going to hurt the bike. I did check for leaks and looked at the baffles. Dealer claims the cat in the head pipe might be set up in this bike to send more of the exhaust out the left side. Just the way it was packed he claims. Said the right side may be louder since it is pretty much straight thur now with then stock choked down pipes gone. Of course he recommended a new air box and a remap, but said I should be fine.

No one else has had this issue?

No way to adjust the lean condition without a re map? I can live with it, but the wife will start to complain before to long.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The bike is computer controlled, so the fix a lean or a rich condition outside of the factor parameters, it has to be hooked up to a computer with the software to relearn the bikes computer, or an aftermarket tuner.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You can removed the guts from your cat, or buy one on ebay for $135 than have your dealer remap it or put a power commander v on it. The converter puts a lot of heat on your leg and it will ping next summer when bike gets hot. I just did my road king and you will love the difference.

·
Registered
163 Posts
<snip>

No way to adjust the lean condition without a re map? I can live with it, but the wife will start to complain before to long.
You might try Nightrider.com's XiED's. The are little inexpensive devices (resistors) that plug in between the 02 sensors and the ECM. Easy to install, will enrich the mixture just a tad across the rpm and load range.

Welcome to Nightrider.com - Modern Engineering - Old School Service

No, I have no financial interest in them, lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Decel pop turned out to be a air leak. re mounted the pipes and they sealed a lot better. I only get the pop when the bike is really hot ad it is not to bad now. Still wondering if anyone else has the left side hotter than the right. Might do the true duals and stage one next summer. Thanks for the info everyone

·
Registered
864 Posts
left side indicates rear cylinder then yes, the rear usually runs little cooler than the front. I was riding in the rain this weekend and as soon as the rain started the oil temp gauge went down.... I guess sometimes they are water cooled after all...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts