Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I got a brand new Street 500 last November. I just ticked over 2000Km. for the last approx. 500Km I noticed that when I ride it and turn it of ( Break or fuel stop) and turn it back on, it starts just fine, but when I accelerate it cuts out. It doesn't seem to be heat related. It occurs even when I ride 2 km. Happens after every restart. Since the bike was in for a service at the HD dealer last week, I made the mechanic aware of it. I have been told that the fuel pump was changed since there was design fault. But the problem is not fixed. Today was the first time it actually stalled. ECU light came on. It goes back to HD in a few days, I would just like to know if anyone else had a problem like this. I've been reading some of the other threads, but couldn't find anything like this. Any answer is appreciated. its actually quite dangerous. pulled out of a servo straight in to a tight left hander and the engine cuts out.
Thanks everyone.
Happy and save riding. :biking:

·
Asylum Inmate
11,655 Posts
See if the gas tank recall was done.

Also see when the fuel pump was done, the first batch of fuel pumps they did the recall with were bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts