Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a Street 750 cafe racer and Im at a point where im done with everything and I feel like I could get more power out of it. Has anyone done any upgrades to the computer or specific tunes? My motor is stock with an aftermarket intake and cone engineering true dual exhaust. I appreciate any help I can get.
Wheel Tire Sky Motorcycle Automotive tire

·
Registered
44,227 Posts
Didn't the MoCo start to source mag wheels from China after 2009? I mean, I know that rear is VFR stuff, but it may be as American as the wheels on my SuperLow ...
Cast wheels from Australia. Front profile wheel on my NightTrain was Japan if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Gorillathehun

·
Registered
412 Posts
I built a Street 750 cafe racer and Im at a point where im done with everything and I feel like I could get more power out of it. Has anyone done any upgrades to the computer or specific tunes? My motor is stock with an aftermarket intake and cone engineering true dual exhaust. I appreciate any help I can get. View attachment 802405
I built a Street 750 cafe racer and Im at a point where im done with everything and I feel like I could get more power out of it. Has anyone done any upgrades to the computer or specific tunes? My motor is stock with an aftermarket intake and cone engineering true dual exhaust. I appreciate any help I can get. View attachment 802405
I found this but that's about it.

Harley Davidson Street 750 MAGNUM Dyno-Boost Motorcycle Performance Chip (magnumtuning.com)

The stock Street 750's 0-60 times are pretty competitive @ 4.5 seconds & are actually closer to the top when compared to other contemporary Harleys. Looks like the top speed is around 80mph, which when coupled w/the good 0-60 times, might indicate the bikes' gearing ratios are high overall. When you say you're looking for more power, assume you must be looking for higher top end, since your acceleration should already be decent. Suggest you look into changing your top gear ratio to something lower, something like having a top gear "overdrive".

Agree the changes you've made to your ride are first class; really like the look.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts

Harley Davidson Street 750 MAGNUM Dyno-Boost Motorcycle Performance Chip (magnumtuning.com)

The stock Street 750's 0-60 times are pretty competitive @ 4.5 seconds & are actually closer to the top when compared to other contemporary Harleys. Looks like the top speed is around 80mph, which when coupled w/the good 0-60 times, might indicate the bikes' gearing ratios are high overall. When you say you're looking for more power, assume you must be looking for higher top end, since your acceleration should already be decent. Suggest you look into changing your top gear ratio to something lower, something like having a top gear "overdrive".

Agree the changes you've made to your ride are first class; really like the look.
You have the gearing backwards. Bigger number = lower gearing. Smaller number = higher gearing. It's been this way for eons. If you downshift to 1 st gear do you say I went to a high gear or low gear? If the 750 has enough power, go higher on gearing for more top end speed. Either bigger front sprocket or smaller rear sprocket.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You have the gearing backwards. Bigger number = lower gearing. Smaller number = higher gearing. It's been this way for eons. If you downshift to 1 st gear do you say I went to a high gear or low gear? If the 750 has enough power, go higher on gearing for more top end speed. Either bigger front sprocket or smaller rear sprocket.
Maybe the OP's best option would be a used VRod. Around 4 seconds 0-60, 137 mph top speed. Or maybe look into a VRod engine/transmission swap into the Street.

·
V-Twin Junkie
1,333 Posts
I think the bike looks cool. Cafe racers aren't my cuppa these days, but the work that has gone into that bike appears top notch. One question, as you head into actual engine performance is about those pipes. Do they work well, or will they ultimately hold back tuning?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since you have aftermarket pipes and intake the logical next step would be a tuner. Actually, not even the next step. You should have gotten a tuner when you did the first two mods.
I actually didn't get a tuner. the bike ran great with the stock computer. shit I hope im not damaging anything by using the stock computer. any tuners you could recommend?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the bike looks cool. Cafe racers aren't my cuppa these days, but the work that has gone into that bike appears top notch. One question, as you head into actual engine performance is about those pipes. Do they work well, or will they ultimately hold back tuning?
I was actually thinking the same thing. I know motors like to have an equalizer point but I made true duals for aesthetics love the way it looks but I think its going to hinder the power.

·
Vanilla Gorilla
1,388 Posts
I actually didn't get a tuner. the bike ran great with the stock computer. shit I hope im not damaging anything by using the stock computer. any tuners you could recommend?
Bike looks great. But, without tuning and making the changes you made to the airflow, you are likely running very lean. Which may not be as big of a deal with these streets since I believe they are liquid cooled but still not ideal. I don't really have a recommendation on a tuner. If you want to stay stock, maybe the harley Screaming eagle tuner or an aftermarket like a power vision.

Reactions: Milwaukee Moto

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thank you, Im really proud of this build. and Thank you for the link. I'm looking for all around HP gain so this should help.

·
Registered
412 Posts
IMO a Street 750 does more than 80 mph top end, duh !
Stand corrected. What I just found on the Internet is Street 500 = 80mph; Street 750 = 100mph. Milwaukee Moto, what kind of top end are you achieving now & what are you looking for if you can get it? Do you have a tach installed? Reason I ask is believe you need to know your engine's rpm @ your current top speed because if you're @ or near your redline there, you wouldn't want a tune that would put you over your engine's limits. If that's the case, you would have to explore gearing changes. What is your red line on the 750? Would be good to know your rpm @ top speed. Regarding your new exhaust, were you able to connect your 02 sensor to the new exhaust? If so, your ECU should already be setting your air/fuel ratio to the ideal 14.7:1, but w/dual exhaust, that would be for one jug only - should be close enough though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts