Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
So a couple months back i got in a small accident, i cut off a guy in a car at a stop light as it turned green before i could get in front of him. He hit me from the back abd i dropped the bike but only had minor scratches and bent handle bars.
Got the handlebars replaced, very nice ones and was going smoothly for a while.
Now the bike feels bumpy when i ride, even on flat straight road, and is just running rough, especially at high speeds.
I can feel absurd vibration through the handlebars, bumpy as, but it still accelerates fine and doesn't have any odd sounds.
Could it be the back tyre is damaged?
Could it be internal engine damage?
What are your guys thoughts?
It has a screaming eagle racing tuner, high flow air intake, slip ons, screaming eagle cam, Milwaukee 8 engine....
Not sure what other information you need.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Just a thought - Have the wheel/tire spin-balanced . . . if the rim is bent, it should show up when the wheel assembly is spinning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a thought - Have the wheel/tire spin-balanced . . . if the rim is bent, it should show up when the wheel assembly is spinning.
Ok will do. Guess this the main reason so far.
I'm happy to hear that no one thinks it could be an engine problem.
Didn't hitthe ground hard at all so thank God for that

·
Try'n to behave
6,432 Posts
Spokes? If so, check them. Loose spokes can cause a lot of rim play which leads to vibration at speed. Had it happen on my Shovelhead. Also check your tire alignment. The rear tire being off a little will cause uneven wear and will introduce weird vibrations.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Spoke Wheels

1 - 9 of 9 Posts