Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just upgraded from a M8 107 Deluxe to a new 2020 Street Glide Special. I love the bike but there is one slightly annoying thing. There is a lot of engine vibration from around 1500-2000 rpm. No vibration at idle.None at acceleration. It is smooth downshifting above 2k rpm but when decelerating (off the throttle and engine breaking) in the 1500-2000 rpm range there is a lot of vibration. I thought it might be the clutch but it happens in neutral if reving it in that range as well. I talked to a service guy at a Harley dealership and he said that was normal.

Is this normal for this model?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Look at the exhaust system to see if it is hitting anything.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You can try another Harley-Davidson dealership . . . you don't have to take it to the dealership you purchased it from. Good to get it documented and in Harley's system. Utilize that two-year unlimited mileage warranty that comes with your new bike!

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
All mounting bolts tight? Just because its new doesn't mean it was assembled properly.

Sick when dealer tells you its normal after paying a lot of money. Have another one on floor ask them to crank it up, oh wait this one doesn't vibrate....

Reactions: 1/2 Ton
1 - 6 of 6 Posts