Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told that down in the states the bottom of the rear fender works as a brake light. If this is so does anyone know how I can activate my canadian model. Thanks in advance

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
In stock form, the tri bar light is only a tail light, but there is a plug and play upgrade for it to be a tail/brake light.

·
Registered
145 Posts
someone told you an un-truth.
as 2stangs states, it's just a running (tail) light but can be made more functional with an aftermarket kit.

kgb

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
In stock form, the tri bar light is only a tail light, but there is a plug and play upgrade for it to be a tail/brake light.
+1
The fender tip light on the ultras and the tribar light on the glides is a running light only. You can buy an upgrade from moco that turns it into a run/brake function.

You can check yours, pull the brake light lens off and it should be plugged into the brake light board.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
I have the same model (HD International) as you do.
The additional light with the run/brake/turn is not compatable.
That is to say, it is not "plug and play".

I still think you could wire up a running light if you worked at it. You would probably have to splice into some wires though.:bluduh

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Canadian spec (it's different then the other international models) SG. The dealer here says they do the mod all the time. There is a light available from HD that makes the fender light a brake light as well, buy that and your dealer should be able to wire it in.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Has anyone added the US version turn signal/tail lights to a model that has the proper brake light?

No. Because like I said before, it is not compatable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Vettster,
Anything is compatible. Just depends how much work you want to put into it.

Ive just ordered the fender light, ill post pics once i get it.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Vettster,
Anything is compatible. Just depends how much work you want to put into it.

Ive just ordered the fender light, ill post pics once i get it.
True dat. I just cannot see cutting wires or anthing like that on my bike. In fact, 99% of the mods on my ride are direct crom the MOCO.
Just curious. How is a Canadian International model different from the other international models?
The serial number starts with 5hd. Right?
The only different international models are supposed to be for Japan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Canadian model has a more free flowing exhaust compared to the European ones, it doesnt have a light in the bottom of the fender, the front turn signals act as running lights, the rear turn signals are regular bulbs, and it has the big red brake light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am told that down in the states the bottom of the rear fender works as a brake light. If this is so does anyone know how I can activate my canadian model. Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I just took delivery of a 2014 Street Glide in Costa Rica, and I have the same issue as Ashen from Canada. The fender has the actual light kit, which is connected, but it does not work at all.

Any ideas on what I have to do to get at the very least a running light? I would of course prefer a running, brake and signal light. Is it as easy as buying the Smoke Tri-Bar Fender LED Tail Brake Signal Light for Harley Street Glide Touring and plugging it in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I am not very mechanical. Thanks in advance for you help.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Street Glide out of Florida. The bottom tri light comes on as a tail light, but no brake. Looks real good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My tri light went out so I took it apart (it's just glued together) and added some LED strip lights inside....you could even wire one strip for running lights and another for brakes. Cost was around $10 I think.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts