Harley Davidson Forums banner

Street glide taillight question

16K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  eng23ine 
#1 ·
I am told that down in the states the bottom of the rear fender works as a brake light. If this is so does anyone know how I can activate my canadian model. Thanks in advance

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
In stock form, the tri bar light is only a tail light, but there is a plug and play upgrade for it to be a tail/brake light.

#8 ·
I have the same model (HD International) as you do.
The additional light with the run/brake/turn is not compatable.
That is to say, it is not "plug and play".

I still think you could wire up a running light if you worked at it. You would probably have to splice into some wires though.:bluduh

#11 ·
Has anyone added the US version turn signal/tail lights to a model that has the proper brake light?

No. Because like I said before, it is not compatable.

#14 ·
True dat. I just cannot see cutting wires or anthing like that on my bike. In fact, 99% of the mods on my ride are direct crom the MOCO.
Just curious. How is a Canadian International model different from the other international models?
The serial number starts with 5hd. Right?
The only different international models are supposed to be for Japan.

#17 ·
Hi guys,

I just took delivery of a 2014 Street Glide in Costa Rica, and I have the same issue as Ashen from Canada. The fender has the actual light kit, which is connected, but it does not work at all.

Any ideas on what I have to do to get at the very least a running light? I would of course prefer a running, brake and signal light. Is it as easy as buying the Smoke Tri-Bar Fender LED Tail Brake Signal Light for Harley Street Glide Touring and plugging it in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I am not very mechanical. Thanks in advance for you help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.