Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I learned today that my little 7" windshield just ain't gonna cut it. Yeah it looks great all low and sleek but it allows WAY too much wind to my head.

So Harley offers a 10" in light grey (current shield is dark grey and looks good dark grey). There are also lots of after market windshield makers.

Long Ride Shields, Klockworks, Freedom shields, just to name a few. I am probably gonna need around a 10 inch high give or take.

Can someone with first hand knowledge suggest a shield company to use.......thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a klock works on my SG. It's nice. They say the design of the windshield allows for more downward push on the front end when riding. You feel that. Offers more control/stability. Not disappointed in the purchase at all.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've been riding with a 7" shield and I want to try something a little taller. Long Ride Shields is running a nice special this weekend, I picked up a 9" clear for 60% off so I would say give them a shot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another you may consider is Windvest, had one on my other bike and loved it, will go on my Limited as soon as my wallet recovers a bit. WindVest they have various sizes and tint levels too. quality product at a reasonable price.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Freedom Shields are top notch, and 100% made in the USA.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I have a long ride shield, has recurve so you can have a shorter height so you can see over it yet wind goes over your head.
Quality made in Reno,nv.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok I have researched and done some homework. I have a freedom shield 7" a long ride windblade 7" and a long ride ultra 8".

The freedom lets air/bugs hit the top of my head and my glasses will buffer at 70+ mph. The windblade lets air come around the sides and buffers my glasses but like the 3 little pigs........the 8" LRS ultra is just right. I can see over the top but no buffering or bugs on the head. Right now LRS is having a sale and you can get a ultra and others for about $ 55 shipped. Hell of a deal. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ok I have researched and done some homework. I have a freedom shield 7" a long ride windblade 7" and a long ride ultra 8".

The freedom lets air/bugs hit the top of my head and my glasses will buffer at 70+ mph. The windblade lets air come around the sides and buffers my glasses but like the 3 little pigs........the 8" LRS ultra is just right. I can see over the top but no buffering or bugs on the head. Right now LRS is having a sale and you can get a ultra and others for about $ 55 shipped. Hell of a deal. I hope this helps.
I agree with the Freedom. Mines 8" dark grey & works nice. This LRS for 55 bucks seems like the one to get.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with the Freedom. Mines 8" dark grey & works nice. This LRS for 55 bucks seems like the one to get.
If I had bought an 8" freedom instead of the 7" I would have not shopped any other. The LRS ultra is built very similar to the FS and the price is about half with the 60% off sale.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Klockworks 8.5 smoke on mine and I wouldn't trade anything for it! No buffeting no matter what speed! Add a set of fairing deflectors too to get the whole effect and your golden!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Windshield

·
Registered
198 Posts

That's what I just ordered. Can I ask how tall you are? I'm 5'10" and hope it will work for me.

·
On the loose
8,725 Posts
I went with the LRS 7" Ultra Elite and it's perfect for me , I'm 5'8" , I still want to pick up a Klock Werks 6.5" FLARE some time though.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
Klockworks 8.5 smoke on mine and I wouldn't trade anything for it! No buffeting no matter what speed! Add a set of fairing deflectors too to get the whole effect and your golden!

View attachment 357633

Same setup as me. And I'm pretty sure I'm way taller than Hammer. All my windflow comes from under my deflectors if I let my legs hang out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts