Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much discussion about changing the front wheel from the 19" to the 16" on the 08-09 Street Bobs, I decided to take on the project. First I purchase a used 16" wheel. (front or rear, ) cut out the old spokes and dump the old parts. Had the used rusted rim powder coated black. Contacted www.hdwheels.com told him I was useing the thick aluminum center hub, and wanted to lace it to a 16' rim. He sent me a set of drop center spokes with the two different bends. I then had the local shop lace the wheel together, mount the tire and I was ready to bolt it all together. Even with the large front tire there is plenty of clearance. Your major change will be no fender. That’s the next project is to find a fender to fit.
Note; I had previously installed short shocks on the rear, with the front dropped to the 16" the bike sits level and low with plenty of ground clearance.
So any of you guys looking for that true old skool look, this is it. I’ll work on getting some pics up tonight.

SKULLY

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I'm curious, Promise to have the pics up, by the time I wake up in the morning?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
After much discussion about changing the front wheel from the 19" to the 16" on the 08-09 Street Bobs, I decided to take on the project. First I purchase a used 16" wheel. (front or rear, ) cut out the old spokes and dump the old parts. Had the used rusted rim powder coated black. Contacted www.hdwheels.com told him I was useing the thick aluminum center hub, and wanted to lace it to a 16' rim. He sent me a set of drop center spokes with the two different bends. I then had the local shop lace the wheel together, mount the tire and I was ready to bolt it all together. Even with the large front tire there is plenty of clearance. Your major change will be no fender. That’s the next project is to find a fender to fit.
Note; I had previously installed short shocks on the rear, with the front dropped to the 16" the bike sits level and low with plenty of ground clearance.
So any of you guys looking for that true old skool look, this is it. I’ll work on getting some pics up tonight.

SKULLY
please post some pics of your bike !!more than likely the street bob will be my next bike. I wanna do the same set up ,shorter shock`s and the 16" front rim n` tire as well ! oh drag bars of course! I`m a shorter rider and the street bob is a good fit for me with the lowered stance! 09 nightster owner luv it but need more power!!!:thumb

·
Registered
1 Posts
do you have some pictures. I am planning to do the same project. Just dented my original front wheel and wanted to spoke in a 16" rim. I have a 07' Dyna Street Bob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts