Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many are planning on going to STURGIS this year, ya have the dates and where are you going to be staying? I will be at GLENCOE starting on the 29th of July through the end of the rally. If you are interested in GLENCOE the cost is $300 per person for camping and you can drag a trailer or drive an RV in there. Little hint, if you don't ask for a hook-up for your RV or trailer and you can make it in the regular camping area it won't cost you anything over the per person cost. Another little hint, if you schedule before 15 February, the cost is $200 per person. That includes all of the Concerts that will be there also. I like to get there early so that I can pick my campsite (down the hill from the pavilion in the rear, north side of the road, second exit through the fence) and take in the rides before everyone else gets in there. Mt Rushmore, Custer Park, Crazy Horse, Deadwood, Spearfish Canyon, etc. I save the run to Devil's tower and Hewlett for the second week.

http://www.sturgis-rally.com/

http://www.glencoecamp.com/

Dave

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Geez... is it that time already?

I'm going...

It's been 13 years since I was last in the Black Hills (went through in July of '94, en route from Chicago to Denver on my Heritage).

I'm really looking forward to the riding, but would actually be happier if we were going in July again - I don't care for crowds and prefer to avoid the middle-age-frat-party scene. A group of us are riding out from the Windy City on the 2nd and staying until the 11th. Taking it REAL easy - 2-3 days to get out there via back roads, but will ride home in 1-1/2. We rented a house in Spearfish and are planning to do a side trip into Montana while we're out there.

Baby is getting her dyno luvin', 20k service and SS brake lines next week and I just might get around to orderin' my new leather jacket.

Anybody else ridin' out?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sturgis 2007

Will be leaving on the 1st of Aug. Will be roughing it in my 40' Motorhome. Will be at Glencoe, at the RV side in slot P-31. Looking forward to a week of hard partying & riding. This will be the old lady's first time at Sturgis. It should be a blast. We should be pulling in on the 2nd, Texas ain't that far. Stop by and have a beer. Just an other old graybeard , RamRod & Yo

·
Registered
83 Posts
Foot Note

Don't worry I've been riding for over 37yrs. Ain't no middleaged Frat boys here, Just an old biker that likes to party. My back is shot,can't do the long rides anymore but I can do the short ones. Had to buy a dresser to do that. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I'll keep riding as long as I can get my leg over it. RamRod

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I like beer! And I'm willing to bet we'll be making a pass thru Glencoe at some point during the festivities. Those Class "A" units are sweet! Will be keepin' an eye peeled for ya!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts