Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it time yet?

Places are filling up quick folks..

Just made mine at the Custer State Park Game Lodge...

Staying in Blackhills area for four days and then headed to Montana, WY, CO, NM...

Sturgis 2015 on Tripline

·
Super Moderator
12,744 Posts
You're the second person mentioning this to me since yesterday. As much as I really like the smaller rallies with smaller crowds, I am going to really think about going to this. I love the route. What is the schedule? I might have to tag along.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depart Thursday by 7am and arrive Sturgis Fri evening. This is mostly highway 83 going up 500 miles each day.
Sat-Mon ride Black hills area. Depart Tuesday for Red Lodge Montana..and so on!

We just did Laconia, NH in June...a week riding NH and Maine was awesome!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking for hotel/motel recommendations and places to eat/drink in;

1) Red Lodge, Montana

2) Jackson Hole, WY or Moran

3) Grand Junction, CO

4) Durango, CO

5) Santa Fe, NM

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,289 Posts
This is going to be a good thread. I am headed out there for 2 weeks of travel. Have not set an itinerary yet. Only expect to be in Sturgis a day or 2 riding in and out each day. I wanna see the sights out there. Have already copied other reviews of things to see and do.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Booked into the Best western, Sturgis for 4 nights ($$$ ouch). Then onto Colorado, Utah, San Antonio, New Orleans, Tennessee, West Virginia then back to Toronto.

At the end of this 2015 trip I will be able to say that I have rode a motorcycle in every USA state with the exception of three (3).

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I'm going to Sturgis too!!!!

But in June. :laugh

·
Registered
31 Posts
Group of us coming from New Zealand.......cant wait Chicago-Milwaukee-South Dakota-Yellowstone NP-then down to Vegas back to LA and back to NZ.......
I have done most of 66 but went and did death valley Yosimete and the PCH.....I LOVE THE USA!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just booked our room... Super 8 in Custer, 9 nights..... It will be our first time going, wanted to stay at the chip, but have a feeling being it's the 75th it will be ridiculously crowded... Rather have my our shower and peace and quite at night....we shall see.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Chip great place to go to not good to stay at. That place is insane party. I stayed in campground across the street and will tell you it settles down for about 30 min a day. No shade no sleep great for younger people.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey need some help...looking at doing a little recon mission this weekend to Sturgis to see if we can find a decent place to stay for the rally.
Here is some of our criteria;
Not directly in Sturgis but close by. Prefer south of Sturgis so you don't fight traffic getting
thru Sturgis.
Not a huge party place, my 21 year old daughter in the Navy is riding in from SLC and don't need her to mess up her career. Currently in officer training.
Full hookups for the RV.
Clean decent showers.
Easy access to camp. prefer hard riding surface as have 2 lady's and one newbie joining group and don't want any issues trying to ride across a meadow to get to camp.
We are coming in to ride and pick up a concert or 2, not into the big party seen.
Is my criteria to much? Does something like this exist? Please advise.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hey need some help...looking at doing a little recon mission this weekend to Sturgis to see if we can find a decent place to stay for the rally.
Not directly in Sturgis but close by. Prefer south of Sturgis so you don't fight traffic getting
thru Sturgis.
Not a huge party place, my 21 year old daughter in the Navy is riding in from SLC and don't need her to mess up her career. Currently in officer training.
Full hookups for the RV.
Clean decent showers.
Easy access to camp. prefer hard riding surface as have 2 lady's and one newbie joining group and don't want any issues trying to ride across a meadow to get to camp.
We are coming in to ride and pick up a concert or 2, not into the big party seen.
The paved road is the sticky point, dirt roads everywhere , not any that are all paved that I'm aware of .

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look at places in and around Keystone area.

Spokane Creek Campground on Iron Mountain Road is nice but may be full already.

·
Registered
70 Posts
thru Sturgis.
Full hookups for the RV.
Clean decent showers.

Elk View Campground is a nice place to camp meeting everything you are looking for, except the road surface. Good gravel roads in the campground. Right beside the interstate at Exit 237, I think, five miles to Sturgis.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the reply's. We went ahead and booked a spot at Rush-No-More campground. Hopefully it will all work out cause it was really pricey. Now just counting the days...

·
Registered
691 Posts
I went last year and want to go again this coming year, but hotel prices are out the wazoo. we are throwing around the idea of getting 4-6 guys and renting an RV with a trailer for the bikes. I have 3 so far interested . 2 in Dallas and we'd pick up another in Salina KS.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts