1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sizes are
front 80/90-21
rear 180/60B 17

Wide Glides have an odd tire size... Can i move up in size on the front to a 90/90 H-21?
How about a size change for the rear... 180/55 17 or 190/60 17?

Just curious as to what the other guys are using on their bikes... I need to get new tires in the next couple weeks...

Thanks,

Russ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I jumped on the Michelin Commander 2 band wagon recently. Been hearing a ton of good stuff about it and seems to be everything folks said it is so far....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I jumped on the Michelin Commander 2 band wagon recently. Been hearing a ton of good stuff about it and seems to be everything folks said it is so far....
What size did you get? I don't think they make the WG stock size do they?

·
Registered
164 Posts
What size did you get? I don't think they make the WG stock size do they?
I can attest they do.... A good friend of mine who rides a wide glide is running the Commander Two on his bike. We took a scoot last Sunday and he talked about how much he liked them (again mind you...lol) when we stopped in Jefferson Texas.

I snagged mine from Motercycle Superstore... Free shipping and no tax....:thumb

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I run a Michelin Commander II 150/80/16 on the rear of my 02 WG and a Metzler 90/90/21 Lazer-Tek on the front .
That big 90/90 front tire completely fills up the little front fender so there is no ugly air gap , and that thing bites real good in the rain too .
I'm expecting much better mileage out of the Commander II rear tire also .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can attest they do.... A good friend of mine who rides a wide glide is running the Commander Two on his bike. We took a scoot last Sunday and he talked about how much he liked them (again mind you...lol) when we stopped in Jefferson Texas.

I snagged mine from Motercycle Superstore... Free shipping and no tax....:thumb
Did you get the 180 rear tire?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the 90/90 on the front of my 2000 WG(Commander II's), and went up one size from stock (130 to 140 on the back). Keeps from scrubbing the fender, and the Michelins are excellent!

·
Registered
930 Posts
On my 2012 WG, Right before I traded it in a few weeks ago, I installed the Commander II's. u can mount a 200mm tire on the rear without any mods, no problem. Then they do make the stock front tire size, ur good to go

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On my 2012 WG, Right before I traded it in a few weeks ago, I installed the Commander II's. u can mount a 200mm tire on the rear without any mods, no problem. Then they do make the stock front tire size, ur good to go

So you mounted a 200 on the back? Stock rim? I would love to do that... love the wider looking tire... Is the 2012 wheel size different than the 2010 wheel size?

Edit: I spoke with my Harley Dealer and they said you can't do a 200 mm tire on the rear...

·
Registered
930 Posts
So you mounted a 200 on the back? Stock rim? I would love to do that... love the wider looking tire... Is the 2012 wheel size different than the 2010 wheel size?

Edit: I spoke with my Harley Dealer and they said you can't do a 200 mm tire on the rear...
Yes You can! I know you can, I did it. No the 2010 and 2012 are the se stock 180mm rear end! Trust me man, I would not shoot u wrong. Order the 200mm Commander II's and the stock front and mount em! It will work perfectly. Those guys dont have a clue what they are talking about

·
Registered
930 Posts
Heres the first 200mm tire I put on. Its a Dunlop D402. Didnt change a thing, everythings stock. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1371652012.788384.jpg

I had the bike a year, Put 18k miles on it. So the second time I had to get tires I went with commander 2's. they fit better than the Dunlop & they were amazing! I loved em

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:bikerguy:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heres the first 200mm tire I put on. Its a Dunlop D402. Didnt change a thing, everythings stock. View attachment 83730

I had the bike a year, Put 18k miles on it. So the second time I had to get tires I went with commander 2's. they fit better than the Dunlop & they were amazing! I loved em

I appreciate it...! I definitely want the 200. Looks like it is 200/55/17 correct?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will a harley dealer mount these tires if it isn't the recommended tire size? Not sure where to go for mounting if not.
Yap thats the one. Go rub it in those guys faces after u mount it, ha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well just ordered the front and rear set form Motorcycle super store. 200/55-17 and 90/90-21 for $255. Can't beat it. Will have them installed next week when they get here. Hopefully all fits and I am ready to ride the Tail of the Dragon in 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts