Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Ultra Limited and would like a little more rumble than what I have. I don't want to wake the neighbors but would like a medium amount of rumble, you know a real Harley sound. Any suggestions as to what pipes might work best and where can I go to get a sample of what they might sound like?

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Go to your local dealership and look at there used bikes... listen to them... go to a local bike night somewhere. .. talk to people... I haven't had anybody tell me no I can't listen to there pipes... (talk to them first... ask them about there bike and stuff.. most of the time people will talk!) I personally have the Rinehart slimline duals with the 4" slip ons and love them! I'm not sure what you consider to loud... but at cruising speed... I love these pipes... I can still hear my radio...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Find a local bike night or poker run or charity ride and go sit and listen. Then talk to people.

On my 2012 Ultra Limited, I pulled the cat out of the stock header first. Then I picked up a set of stock mufflers from a 2012 CVO Ultra, gutted them and installed 2" Fullsac baffles with new Techmat muffler packing, and powder coated the tips black. I love how they sound and look. If I had not gotten such a great opportunity with these mufflers, I would have gone with the 4" Rhinerharts with the black endcaps.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the Rhinehart 4" slip ons, factory 2-1-2headers. It gives the bike a nice rumble without being too loud. It all depends on how loud you want it. Even with the baffles in, they are moderately loud.

·
CRSO
345 Posts
I bought a '14 Ultra Limited last summer... Not wanting to break the bank I put the same type of slip-ons as I did with my 2008 FLHT. I believe it's their part number 16763, MSRP about $430, but you can pick them up at all the major distributors for around 380-ish. You know, Dennis Kirk, Revzilla, FuelMoto. Etc.

V&H dual-slash rounds... Pretty economical and they give me the rumble I want without being annoying. The Vance & Hines site has videos that show various muffler configurations with good audio tracks.

Later last summer I installed an Arlen Ness retrofit Big Sucker air cleaner, and then a Fuelpak FP3 for the remap...if all you're going to do is add slip-ons you will not need to remap.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Rinehart's rock!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have jackpot stainless headers from fuelmoto and 4 inch Rineharts. Sounds good when you get on it but can still hear the radio when just cruising along at 60 or better

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have Rhinehart 4" with 150 miles on them and Vance and Hines Monster a ovals for sale if your interested. PM me. Rhineharts are nice. Louder than Monster ovals which are a low power rumble. The ovals will bark when you get on it though; like rolling thunder. Both are nice. I just haven't found something similar to my old pro pipe to make me happy.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my V&H 450 Oversized, that with the V&H header creates a nice low deep rumble. Highway sound is minimal letting you hear radio without cranking volume, unless you want to.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have looked and listened to all the pipes suggestions and I love the sound of the CFR slip ons. I will now due some addition research on CFR. Thanks to all

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
The only issue you may have is getting genuine CFR's , there out of stock in many outlets .

·
Registered
129 Posts
After a lot of research, I went with RC components 4" slash cuts and their true duals. Best bang for the buck. Nice deep sound and not too loud.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts