1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
Sunglasses & Money for gas.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
mesh jacket with armour.. mesh gloves with kevlar... boots .. sunscreen.. sunglasses..helmet with awesome airflow

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I always carry sunblock, a bandana, Spare gas money with my reg/insur cards, kickstand disc and a bungie cord.

Sunblock: Long rides can burn the hell out of your face and you'll never feel it.

Bandana: I make a "mask" out of it, in the event of rain. It keeps the rain from stinging your face. Works well too, if roads are dusty.

Spare gas money: $10 in case I lose my wallet. Gas, tolls or beer.

Plastic kickstand disc: I prefer a crushed beer can, but they're not always available, and if my bike falls over due to soft ground, taking 10+ other bikes with it.....I'm not admitting it's mine....

Bungie cord: If it's god-awful hot, and I always wear leather, I'll take it off and roll it up. It's also handy to tie down anything that you find and wanna take home, including drunk, incoherent women.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,503 Posts
mesh jacket with armour.. mesh gloves with kevlar... boots .. sunscreen.. sunglasses..helmet with awesome airflow
I'm with Olive on the mesh gear, and mine also has "armor."

It's so windy here sometimes my pants leg will buzz my leg so hard it is very distracting after awhile,
so sometimes I wear the matching mesh pants. Actually I never have tried it, but shorts or gym trunks under mesh pants might be a decent hot weather option.

As a side note, my $150 mesh suit came with removeable cold weather lining, pants and jacket, I couldn't imagine wearing the mesh gear when it's cold, but those 2 pieces are part of my standard extra cold weather gear, the quilted pants over jeans and under chaps is a winner, and much easier to get out of at work than long johns.

I think I am gonna spray my mesh suit with aluminum paint this summer,
IMHO it's pretty stoopid that extreme hot weather gear isn't available in a heat reflective color.

Guess I have seen white.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Like You dont have a empty Beer can laying around.....HA HA HA :1drink :lol8 :lol8 :lol8
Sure.....AT HOME. :mwink Not in the middle of Bumfuk, PA or where ever the current rally or swapmeet is......:lol8

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Tank top replaces sweaters worn under the cow.
Jeans and a thong replace leather pants and thermals.
Armored 'roo replace the 'lectric gloves.
Foofer sox replace the two pair of woolies.
Might just get meself a new pair o'boots this year.
And a fresh bottle o' sunscreen

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Jeans and a thong replace leather pants and thermals.
How's that work with the "Monkey Butt" thing?

Better, same or worse..........:thumb

Not that I'm considering trying it......

(OK.....maybe I am......:D)

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
nathan... my mesh jacket liner is water proof and wind proof.. you wouldnt believe how handy that is..and it will keep you warm on those evenings it gets cooler than you think it will..

i also forgot that i do carry water.. i freeze half my camel back and then fill it with water and slide it down the back of my jacket on those really hot days.. keeps me cool and hydrated

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
i also forgot that i do carry water.. i freeze half my camel back and then fill it with water and slide it down the back of my jacket on those really hot days.. keeps me cool and hydrated

That's a great idea.....!! I have a Camelback that I bought for riding my Mountain bike. I never thought of using it for the motorcycle....

That's a great idea...:thumb

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
thanks .. i do have them every now and then LOL

·
Registered
317 Posts
I always carry sunblock, a bandana, Spare gas money with my reg/insur cards, kickstand disc and a bungie cord.

Sunblock: Long rides can burn the hell out of your face and you'll never feel it.

Bandana: I make a "mask" out of it, in the event of rain. It keeps the rain from stinging your face. Works well too, if roads are dusty.

Spare gas money: $10 in case I lose my wallet. Gas, tolls or beer.

Plastic kickstand disc: I prefer a crushed beer can, but they're not always available, and if my bike falls over due to soft ground, taking 10+ other bikes with it.....I'm not admitting it's mine....

Bungie cord: If it's god-awful hot, and I always wear leather, I'll take it off and roll it up. It's also handy to tie down anything that you find and wanna take home, including drunk, incoherent women.
That just about sums it up for me, too, except I'd substitute a small digital camera for the bungee cord. I don't always wear leathers, especially not in South Carolina in the summer, so I really don't need a bungee, but I've lost count of the number of times I've said, "DAMN, I wish I'd brought a camera!" on a day trip!

I learned the wisdom of stashing gas money on my bike way back in the '70s when I first started riding...and ran out of gas 25 miles away from home with no cash in my wallet. (This was in the days BEFORE ATMs and debit cards, so if you didn't have cash you were screwed!) Ever since then I've kept ten bucks stashed on my scoot; with my Nightster, that ten bucks will now get me to just about anywhere I wanna go considering that a fill-up is only four bucks!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts