Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H have been riding cross country most of my life and the one thing that i can seem to resolve is Sun glare of my Boombox screen, it is at the perfect angel to blind me and it basically makes the screen useless in the daytime, changing the contract makes no difference. Any suggestions? i am looking for something that is polarized, you think HD would have the answer....................

Any help would be appreciated

Mr. Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
36,711 Posts
You could get a polarized screen protector for a laptop and cut it to size if the dealership doesn't carry anything pre cut to size.

·
Road Junkie
1,820 Posts
Many have tried. Many have failed. I’ve yet to find a solution for the Road Glide.

·
Super Moderator
12,506 Posts
I've ridden my '16 from sea to shining sea and never had a problem. If I did get glare, it was for a few minutes before I made a slight turn or the sun moved a little. Maybe better sunglasses?

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Yeah, I sometimes get some screen glare on my RG also. But it's not long before I make a turn or start running in some shade, etc. and then the glare is gone. So, I guess I don't need to see the screen 100% of the time. :smile

·
Registered
558 Posts
I ride a 2016 Ultra Limited. I recently came across this video showing how to set up/change some of the screen settings - High Contrast Setting. I didn't realize I could switch between the "normal" screen and a screen with a white background by simply holding the button with the "i" on it (by right turn signal button).

The guy shows this at about 8 minutes, 50 seconds into the video.

Not sure if this will help, but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
558 Posts
H have been riding cross country most of my life and the one thing that i can seem to resolve is Sun glare of my Boombox screen, it is at the perfect angel to blind me and it basically makes the screen useless in the daytime, changing the contract makes no difference. Any suggestions? i am looking for something that is polarized, you think HD would have the answer....................

Any help would be appreciated

Mr. Pete
I added a video link (see previous post). Not sure if that will help or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, that was the first thing that annoyed me too, so what I did was fabricated a visor out of one of those advertisement lawn signs...the honey comb plastic things you see all over the place. Good scissors & an exacto knife - you may have to make a few patterns until you get what you like. The knife is to back-cut the honey comb because the material doesn't want to miter nicely without removing some material. Dry-fit it & mess for a good fit. My CVO Road Glide has a tiny lip around the monitor. I applied 3-4 tiny velcro tape strips on my fab'd visor and pressed it into the sweet spot. Get a fat Sharpie and color it black.
First time back the dealership, they said I should patent it but its been done...Honda has something. BTW, on the highway, I ride faster than I would want to admit - mine never came loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, that was the first thing that annoyed me too, so what I did was fabricated a visor out of one of those advertisement lawn signs...the honey comb plastic things you see all over the place. Good scissors & an exacto knife - you may have to make a few patterns until you get what you like. The knife is to back-cut the honey comb because the material doesn't want to miter nicely without removing some material. Dry-fit it & mess for a good fit. My CVO Road Glide has a tiny lip around the monitor. I applied 3-4 tiny velcro tape strips on my fab'd visor and pressed it into the sweet spot. Get a fat Sharpie and color it black.
First time back the dealership, they said I should patent it but its been done...Honda has something. BTW, on the highway, I ride faster than I would want to admit - mine never came loose.
Want a pic?

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts
I'd go to my local car tint shop. You know they have left over pieces. Get the lightest tint installed on it. Anti glare. Shouldn't even cost you over 10 dollars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts