Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a new shop so since I'm getting so old I thought I'd make my lift table level with the shop floor. Now I don't have to do the balancing act when I pull it up on the table. Even though it's nowhere near finished it works just like I wanted and I still have about 31" from the table to the floor. That's perfect for me so it's easy to get on and get off and work on it. Just thought I'd share the photos.

Attachments

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,967 Posts
I have a friend in Dallas who did that a few years back. His wife refused to move her car out of the garage so he could park his scooter. Her car parks over the lift when it's not being used. Works great.

·
Administrator
13,278 Posts
My hero.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
+1 on that being awesome.

·
luv the low country
20,343 Posts
Sweet, and that goes for your ride too.:thumbsup

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Awesome !!!!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Looks great...color me jealous....

·
Guitarslinger
3,334 Posts
SWEET, Nothing like good planning !!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
WOW......what a nice set up !
Colt.45

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
Great idea , solves the problem of taking up floor space when not in use too .

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the kind words. It seems the older I get the more I look for little things to make life easier. Old age ain't for wimps, but it still beats the alternative.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fantastic idea! I wish I had the room, and the need for a fresh slab. I'd love to put in an above ground lift for a cage, too.

I keep thinking I should knock down the neighbor's house and put up a big garage, but I'm not sure how he'd feel about that. :devil

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
Fantastic idea! I wish I had the room, and the need for a fresh slab. I'd love to put in an above ground lift for a cage, too.

I keep thinking I should knock down the neighbor's house and put up a big garage, but I'm not sure how he'd feel about that. :devil
Those cage lifts are nice and not as pricey as you might expect ,

2 Post Car Lifts | Best Buy Automotive Equipment

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Some neighbors do frown on that sort of thing. Just no sense of humor whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts