Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two carbs for sale:

#1 Harley Davidson stock CV carb. It has the adapter to use it on a shovelhead/pan/knuckle. For that you use an S&S manifold not included. Great carb in good shape. I have some throttle cables for it to for a shovelhead and stock bar height. $100 obo

#2 S&S super E. Was used on a shovelhead, but will work on many models with the right manifold. Not including manifold. Carb works perfect. $250 obo

Will/can take pics on request. Located in Idaho. My cell number is 2085401649 and I can text. Calls probably won't be answered. I'm always in and out. Thanks for any interest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a 03 Sportster 1200xl (not sure if its a custom or not - If you know how to tell please do inform). Recently broke a part in the carb getting the float out (DUMB). I can probably fix it but would like to get another since it was giving me issues to begin with. Would either of your carbs fit? If so I would be very interested in purchasing one. The fist one appears to me like its the one i need, but with that adapter. Since i have my old carb can I swap the adaptors to use my manifold?

Thanks in advance.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Hello,

I have a 03 Sportster 1200xl (not sure if its a custom or not - If you know how to tell please do inform). Recently broke a part in the carb getting the float out (DUMB). I can probably fix it but would like to get another since it was giving me issues to begin with. Would either of your carbs fit? If so I would be very interested in purchasing one. The fist one appears to me like its the one i need, but with that adapter. Since i have my old carb can I swap the adaptors to use my manifold?

Thanks in advance.

They will both fit. The S&S carb will need an adapter plate though. I would go ahead and get the CV carb. It will be fine on your Sportster.

-Rohan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts