Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I have a 2019 fxfb international model which front turn signals come with 1156 sockets.
WIth an 1156 socket you can't have a front running light config because of missing continuous power.

I know custom dynamics has 1156 led signals with an extra wire that could be tapped to a continuos power line (headlight is an option), however to install it, you must drill a small whole in the reflector and maybe also in the bullet housing which I don't like very much. Also passing that little cable thru the actual wiring I find it to be quite difficult, if not impossible.

I would to change it to a 1157 socket. Any clues how to do that?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Have you looked at the wiring harness on your bike to see if there is a running light circuit up to connector 31LA and 31RA? The main harness may be the same or close to a domestic harness...

Drilling holes in the bullet housing is a poor way of doing things, don`t get into that kind of crap, just run the wire with the existing wires going to the connector.

Or you could just buy OEM signal units and save yourself a lot of aggrivation...

Reactions: Kainam

·
Registered
40,759 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Fat Boy
86 Posts
I ended up buying a different style for my international model because I didn’t think you should have to be drilling the indicators to make it work and was worried about moisture.
When I had the Fat Bob (not your model I know) our international head light didn’t have both on at once. One was high beam one was low etc.I purchased the domestic headlight and it was plug and play into the harness and worked so I’m thinking the suggestion above about the wiring harness ‘may’ still be correct that the connectors are there. Good luck.

·
Registered
40,759 Posts
I ended up buying a different style for my international model because I didn’t think you should have to be drilling the indicators to make it work and was worried about moisture.
You dont have to. See my post above.

·
Registered
2019 Fat Boy
86 Posts
Yep saw that, was just meant to be saying I went a different direction, because if a company can’t say run the wire with the existing and their solution is to drill a hole in your OEM they have lost me. I went elsewhere and I have been a CD customer for years.

·
Registered
40,759 Posts
Yes, it is the stock internals of the USA bikes.

Reactions: Ed Ford
1 - 10 of 10 Posts