Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Switchback and the jiffy stand spring broke. I didn't see exactly where it was attached. One end obviously goes on the jiffy stand...does the other end go on the post, "in board" from where the jiffy stand pivots?

Thanks all,
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's where I put it....but it doesn't feel right...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Part number 12 in drawing. Hook spring there .
That picture shows the jiffy stand on the right side of the frame. I never knew bikes had a jiffy stand on that side. I always thought they were on the left side. What am I missing. Of course if that is a picture taken off an overhead then the camera reversed it.

·
Banned
71 Posts
That picture shows the jiffy stand on the right side of the frame. I never knew bikes had a jiffy stand on that side. I always thought they were on the left side. What am I missing. Of course if that is a picture taken off an overhead then the camera reversed it.
Microfiche must be flipped . :dunno

You get the point either way . :fitz

·
Registered
42,156 Posts
Its a exploded diagram. If you look where it mounts to by following the dashed line, it is on the left.

·
Registered
26 Posts
...and then went trough all the effort to 're-reverse' the numbers?

·
Registered
42,156 Posts
Follow the dotted line.....

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
If you look at the profile of the jiffy stand(in the picture) and follow the dotted line, you'll see it's on the left side, only moved under the bike so as not to require two views of the frame.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts