Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of switching out my chrome levers for black ones. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to switch out the levers. Is this something i can do on my own, really dont want to take it to the shop. Buddy of mine does powder coating and like to go all black

·
Registered
155 Posts
very easy to do, just read your manual and follow the directions, the change out is very easy, i have changed many things on the bike to get powdercoated. just take your time and be careful for the brake switch on the throttle side.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Is your bike also have the chrome clutch perch and the chrome master cylinder?

You could powder coat the clutch perch easily, but I'm not sure that you could powder coat a master cylinder.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
66 Posts
very easy. basic tools, except maybe snap ring pliers, but gentle work with a small screwdriver will work. the pin has no real pressure on the snap rings. just take note of the clutch cable free play. I, myself, know how much I like. just loosen the cable all the way, in order to remove it and you can pretty much count the turns and put it back to how it was.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Buddy75 ... know how you feel. I changed out the levers 20 years ago. Was a depressing session.

Decided to add some IronBraid levers to my '13 SG, but was hesitant.

Then, did a search Online. Found this and other YouTube vids showing how to do "thangs".

Check it out ... and, there are others as well. Good luck. I did mine in 45 minutes and I'm about as mechanical as a bowling ball. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts