Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning from the Midcoast of Maine. Bought my first Harley last month, a 2008 Fat Boy Anniversary edition. Bugger had 1326 miles on it. That's a crime and a crying shame. I've doubled the mileage even with all the crappy weather we've had.

Never thought I'd own a Harley. First bike, 1970, was a dirt bike I picked up while stationed with the Army Security Agency in Asmara, Ethiopia. Dirt bike heaven. Worked my way up to a BMW R90/6. Sold it when first kid came along. Second kid came with autism and a host of medical problems, most of which have been resolved, which is one of the principal reasons I'm back on two wheels.

Figure at age 63 (last year when I started riding again), it was time to fish or cut bait. Started with a V-Strom, and liked it, except it was too tall and adventure biking wasn't really my cuppa. Switched to a Triumph Sprint GT, and loved that, too, but folding these old bones on a sport tourer just turned out to be too much.

Seems that my vow never to own a Harley took a big dive when I saw that Fat Boy at a local dealer. It was love at first sight. And the first time I rode it I knew it was the bike I'd been looking for. (Oh, yeah, my wife said I couldn't buy a Harley because she didn't like them. Now she perches on the pillion like the Queen of Sheba. Go figure.)

So, veteran of Vietnam and Ethiopia, 14 years in the newspaper business in North Carolina. Moved to Maine in 1992 and, like finding the Fat Boy, knew immediately I'd done the right thing. Spend my time now as a photographer, taking pretty pictures to sell to tourists.

But mostly I'm on the Fat Boy every chance I get. And I intend to keep it that way as long as I can throw a leg over it.

Nice to meet'cha!

--Bob

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Welcome from Nor-Cal..........Glad you have finally seen the light!:bikerguy:

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Welcome. And thank you for giving that bike a good ho me. I hate to see bikes that bre never ridden! Put 1500 on mine so far this year, about 4 weeks of riding. Ride on ride on! Bikes are made for riding not sitting in the garage!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
great intro and welcome!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fat Boy Pic

Welcome from north Texas!
Hey Bob, how about posting up a few pictures of the bike!!
(and a few of the area!)
I've been too busy riding to take many pictures, but here's one a took a week or so ago. Was cruising the back roads of Cushing, Maine, and decided to follow the signs to the Olson House. Those of you who are familiar with Andrew Wyeth, the painter, might recognize this as the setting for his iconic painting, Christina's World.

Just ordered a nifty camera holster to tote my gear. More pictures to follow. Maine is a target-rich environment, but our three-dimensional roads will shake your fillings out.

Attachments

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts
I've been too busy riding to take many pictures, but here's one a took a week or so ago. Was cruising the back roads of Cushing, Maine, and decided to follow the signs to the Olson House. Those of you who are familiar with Andrew Wyeth, the painter, might recognize this as the setting for his iconic painting, Christina's World.

Just ordered a nifty camera holster to tote my gear. More pictures to follow. Maine is a target-rich environment, but our three-dimensional roads will shake your fillings out.
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of good ppl/info on here!!!

Ps- I think the newbie may have nailed a pic of the month right outta the gate JP!!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Much appreciated. I can see this is going to be a right nice place to hang around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts