Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the look of this tri bar tail light that harley makes. It's part number 68546-09 if that helps. The Harley site says it doesn't fit an 07 wide glide. My bike has the right rear fender it looks like. Is there a way to tell if it's just the wiring harness that makes them say it won't fit? And if so, does anyone know if it would be possible to cut off the harness and put on a new end that would work? Being a simply one bulb light, I wouldn't think it would be too tough to wire up correctly if it fits under the fender. Does anyone have any experience with lighting?

Thanks guys

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
If it's an LED the '07 electrical system may not be able to handle it w/o mods. (I think. I am no expert on electrics).

If you look up that part number on Harleys web site it should have a spot to click on for more information. They usually have the installation instructions there. Check out the instructions and you may be able to determine why it wont fit an 07.

May have been a slight change to the fender or something also. The service or parts guys at your dealer may be able to tell you and they may have a way to make it work on the 07. After all, they would love to sell you that part!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TwoFer. I'll have to do some googling, but is there any website that anyone knows about that has wiring diagrams for the harnesses for each bike model? That would be sweet. The installation instructions really don't explain much because it's meant to be "plug and play". So when it fits the normal harness for those bikes, they don't really need to explain what each wire does. If I could figure out my bikes harness and compare it to that of a bike it fits though, I might be able to manipulate it to work. Thanks for the help!
Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts