Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put apes on my bike and now the tail light blows every time does anyone know what color the wire would be so I can check and make sure it is soldered correctly already checked to make sure the wires by the grips are not pinched

·
Just Ride
3,888 Posts
Introduction before questions. More info. Orange and white is brake.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,119 Posts
If you didn't pinch a wire and you blow a fuse, someplace you've got a bare wire touching a ground (dead short). Just my .02

·
Registered
671 Posts
The bulb blows or the fuse ?
I think he's saying the fuse is blowing...it's definitely a dead short (probably at the soldering point- insufficient taping). I like heat shrink tubing as an insulating medium.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
OP needs to clariy, is the lights fuse blowing?

There is more than the tail light on that fuse, it is the entire running lamp circuit.

But...

The wiring for the running lamp circuit does not go through the handlebar control switches.

·
On the loose
8,725 Posts
OP needs to clariy, is the lights fuse blowing?

There is more than the tail light on that fuse, it is the entire running lamp circuit.

But...

The wiring for the running lamp circuit does not go through the handlebar control switches.
It could go under the clamps if it has the control mounted front turn signals that many Softails have , he just installed bars so I'm thinking it's related to that.

·
Just Ride
3,888 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts