Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get some help? I have a 2014 dyna FXDL. I have an aftermarket tail light and the break light and signal lights are solid and wont blink or transition between the tail light and break light. Thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
whoever installed those aftermarket lights should go back and recheck their work. Make sure the lights are compatible with your bikes requirements.

·
Retired citizen
24,501 Posts
Maybe the front brake switch is broken, that'll cause the brake light to stay on.
Also the brake and signal lights are on different circuits. What the brakes do has nothing to do with the signal light function and vice versa.

Reactions: Nicoformica

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having the exact same problem on my 2013 Ultra Limited. I dont have any aftermarket tail lights but i do have an aftermarket headlight and spot lights. I say this because when i put the ignition into acc. mode and press the brakes, all lights come on. Also if i remove the main light fuse (not the headlight fuse) and then press the brakes i can see the brake lights engage. I have replaced the main lighting relay as well as the brake light relay.

Any more thoughts on what this could be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having the exact same problem on my 2013 Ultra Limited. I dont have any aftermarket tail lights but i do have an aftermarket headlight and spot lights. I say this because when i put the ignition into acc. mode and press the brakes, all lights come on. Also if i remove the main light fuse (not the headlight fuse) and then press the brakes i can see the brake lights engage. I have replaced the main lighting relay as well as the brake light relay.

Any more thoughts on what this could be?

figured it out. faulty tail light on right side of tour pak as well as corrosion on one of the conectors for the side running leds on the tour pak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.