Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed there Thurs. Looks like lots of heat & rain coming up. Staying in Bryson City NC. Should be a blast.

·
Registered
635 Posts
We are going the week of the 4th. We have the cabin rented at the Fryemont Inn.

Great place, you will have a ball. Travel safe!

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I always stay in Bryson city when I go. ..make sure you check out wheels through time if you have time! It is a must

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Rode the Dragon three years ago, haven't been able to get back over there. Gonna ride the Cheraholla when they get done messing with my neck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rode it a few years ago,lots of people,lots of fun be careful on it .we saw on nasty wreck on it ,a big Honda went a little to hot into a curve and right over the side ouch.
Be safe

·
Registered
529 Posts
Z006, I think the forecast is about 40% for Thursday and Friday. Just remember to take it easy for the first trip or two across and ride YOUR ride. Hit the pull offs to give the sport bike crowd some room to get by. Enjoy people watching at Deals Gap and just remember there are a lot of great roads beside the Dragon around there. Take 28 to Fontana and 143 to Robbinsville. The Cherohala is a great change of pace. 19 to Cherokee and into the Smokies or stay on 19 to Maggie Valley and Wheels Through Time museum. You'll have a great time I'm sure.

I'll be up that way with some other folks Friday.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
It was featured on American Ride on cable in the past few days (byutv)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
13 hours & we head out. 1050 miles to Bryson City. Sunny skies all the way. :bikerguy:

·
CVFFCV
112 Posts
Have Fun, Ride Safe!

We went a few years ago, had a blast on the dragon and all the other rides in the area (the Harley dealers in the area all had a book of the different roads in the region), my GF and I are actually going back down there next month, gonna spend a couple days in the Fontana Dam area, then head over to the coast and ride back north, it should be fun :)

·
Road Junkie
2,020 Posts
The Tail is only the beginning. Continue east on the Blue Ridge Parkway (and adjacent roads) past the Gatlinebrrg, Little Switzerland Inn, etc. Try The Highlands too. Beautiful country.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts