Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend sent me these pics. He saw this scooter on the way home. Is that training wheels? :bikerguy: :rollin

Attachments

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
So now they make training wheels for lazy nerds and equilibrium challenged tards that are too dumb to realize you need to put your foot down when you stop?

Wow.......That's about as cool as Elton John's fanny pack...

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
No way! They actually call them training wheels!?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Sometimes a plain ole Scooter just doesn't make a strong enough statement. When that's the case, you slap some training wheels on there.

In seriousness, I have seen the "removable" trike kits before. I guess that they have to be somewhat safe or they'd get sued for selling them, but the idea scares the h3ll out of me. Of course, I have only ridden a "regular" street trike twice, and both times I was convinced I was going to get a utility pole in the teeth before it was over.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Yeah, my great uncle has a Goldwing trike. He's had them for years. No way would I ride one. I've ridden 3-wheelers enough in my life that there's no way I would ever get on a trike on the street. They tend to be a little top-heavy when they lean, and you end up on2 wheels... I understand the concept for stability and in a straight line or interstate cruising, or if someone is handicapped or unable to hold up a bike. But I still think it was never a good idea from the beginning. Just my thoughts.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Again with the "Badassery" !....Gotta ad this in here too,:biking:

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Hey now. Dont be making fun of the training wheels. They actually work very well. Mom has a set on her goldwing cuz she is vertically challenged and cant reach the ground. Its a lot cheaper then going full conversion. And if i want to yake it out. Three bolts and its off, and bike is back to 2 wheels.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Is that one of those Chineese bikes?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Hey now. Dont be making fun of the training wheels. They actually work very well. Mom has a set on her goldwing cuz she is vertically challenged and cant reach the ground. Its a lot cheaper then going full conversion. And if i want to yake it out. Three bolts and its off, and bike is back to 2 wheels.
I am delighted for your mother. Seriously, I am.

But, I am still making fun of the training wheels.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
I am delighted for your mother. Seriously, I am.

But, I am still making fun of the training wheels.
:laugh..."Delighted"....You said "Delighted".....:rollin..

(sorry must be the heat)......

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
:laugh..."Delighted"....You said "Delighted".....:rollin..

(sorry must be the heat)......
I originally typed "f%^ing delighted," but I thought it sounded smug.

·
Registered
38,894 Posts
So now they make training wheels for lazy nerds and equilibrium challenged tards that are too dumb to realize you need to put your foot down when you stop?

Wow.......That's about as cool as Elton John's fanny pack...
If you look close at the last pic, it looks like he has a knee brace.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey, for those who are disabled or otherwise need it that it great. but on a scooter, something pushing 100cc and probably weighs 100lbs....not sure....but I thought it looked funny as hell so I decided to share....

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,103 Posts
Getting a replacement plate I saw a whole stack of handicapped plates,

all were the smaller plates for motorcycles.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Hell, thier in the wind, thats all that matters......:thumb...lifes full of twists an turns.....might be you one day, make a choice, sell the bike or put training wheels on it and keep on ridin.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
If I get where I can't throw a leg over a seat I'll get one of those big step through scooters. Those things can run 80mph with no problem. I draw the line at trikes.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
How can it be called a trike conversion? There are now FOUR wheels.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts