Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you tour (long miles per day, or extended rides) on your Dyna even though the Dyna isn't in the HD touring line?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
As far as your ass can take it. Routinely do 200 -300 miles a day and about annually do an 800 - 1100 mile day.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Get on it and ride. How do you think people toured before there were such things as "touring bikes"? Why does everyone think they have to have a specialized motorcycle for everything? I've owned three "touring bikes" and my Dyna with forward controls is roomier and more comfortable than any of them.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
get the right seat and you can do as many miles as any touring bike- and have a better handling ride :)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Love my wide glide and yes get on and ride took my wide glide to artic circle and back in 2008 8000miles round trip up the Alcan hwy was great

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I'd like to think my DYNA is a touring bike 2014 SWITCHBACK
I ride 67 mile one way when not snowing Philly to Jersey shore
few times a week.
I like to think of my dyna as doing interpretative ice dances of my life

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
My SPORTSTER is a "touring bike."

My Fat Bob is a "continent eater."

Like one guy said, "as far as your ass can take it." I've done 3600 miles in 6 days on my Sporty. I've done 3800 miles in five days on my Dyna. If I feel like goin' someplace, I'd jump on either one of 'em in a minute. The advantage of the Dyna is that it holds a whole lot more gas, so you can make far better time on long trips.

I rode an air-cooled Honda CB750 on a 4000-mile trip back in '92. If you wanna go, twist that throttle and GO!

Only advantage to touring bike class is comfort. Well, I got a comfortable home, comfortable job...I don't need no more comfort. Just give me some open road.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Years back I had a 93 FXDL. I put a pillow style touring seat on it and was capable of riding it as far, with comfort, as my current touring bike. The rubber mount motor was smooth and with highway pegs I was comfy. I put 75000 mi on that bike and most was touring.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
I live in country where you can find a streight few miles only on airplane field :) But when i sit on my Street Bob there is no chance that you can put me off before 200 miles done.

If you ride your "love" bike than you can not asking regarding mileage ... Just sit and take off. It is not the destination, it is all about the journey :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Way back in 1973 I went on a 6500 mile trip on a Kawasaki Z1 with flat drag bars no windshield and no saddle bags. I had a great trip and even had to ride through 5 days of Gods own rain. Its not what you ride that is important it is that you ride that is important.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Who say's the Dyna isn't a touring bike. I have a big sissy bar bag and large box style saddle bags just for touring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts