Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, i'm 6'4'' tall, and i want to buy a night rod, but when i tried it the controls hit my knees :( after searching the net i came to know about the forward controls and the control risers....are these the best solutions, or there is a better solution?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm 6'6", and just couldn't get comfortable on a V-rod. Feels like I'm riding a minibike, but that thing could get up and go. It was one of the the fastest bikes I ever rode. Sorry I'm not much help on this issue.

·
But working on it...
53 Posts
I am. 6'8" and while I ride a FLHR I have done a few adjustments over the years to make it quite comfortable. These include new floorboards that moved them forward an inch or so. Highway pegs that allow me to stretch out while cruising. A new mustang seat that elevated my seat height slightly and handlebar adjusted a little forward so not to hit the knee on slow speed turns. For the most part I am good and the last ride 3000 miles in six days I as fine.

On a softail the best fit I experienced was on the HD Cross Bones a couple of years back. It fit like a glove.

The key is to move your butt back with a good seat, legs out with forward controls and the right bars.
Hope this helps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Instead of a Nite Rod why not just look for the Nite Rod Special instead.

Same basic bike except for being all blacked out and forward controls instead of the Mids on the standard Nite Rod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 6'5 I ride comfortably with the stock setup. You'll barely have to do a turn so tight that you'll hit the controls.
One thing I did is reversed my pegs. It gives you an extra two inches but your feet are closer to the ground.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts