Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if a taller windshield will help, I'm 6'3 and have an 8.5 windshield now but seems I get a lot of wind, don't want to look through the windshield either, looking at the klock one, it seems the air is coming off the top of my windshield about eye level

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
You should really be looking over the shield, not through it. Your head will be well under the "Slip Stream" while getting a clear view of the road.

I've read lots of great stuff about that KW shield with the lip.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,344 Posts
I'm 6'3" with the tall windshield and have no problem seeing over the top of it. Smaller windshields with the recurve feature are available and seem to solve the wind buffeting (for us spec wearers) problem.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I am also 6'3". I have an EGC with the stock 12" shield. I think it is ideal for me. I also have a 14" extra wide shield that I just bought. It's even better in terms of keeping the wind down, but the edge of it is too much in my sight line. I will probably keep it for long, highway trips but for everyday riding, I like the stock one.

I know the shorter shields are more stylish, but I don't see much function in them. I rode a bike with one of this little ones like on SG, 6" maybe, and it was like teats on a boar hog. (or teats on a bull for my Texas brethren.)

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Not suppossed to look through the shield? huh, I never thought about it. I've ridden a number of other type motorcycles and you look right through them. I always thought it's nice to stop eating rocks or getting pinged in the 4head.
Now I have an 8" shield and it's about even with my chin, I'm 6'3". I like being in the open air but I think I'm going to look into an 8" recurve type and see how it works.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wondering if a taller windshield will help, I'm 6'3 and have an 8.5 windshield now but seems I get a lot of wind, don't want to look through the windshield either, looking at the klock one, it seems the air is coming off the top of my windshield about eye level

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hey, Tx ... check out the thread I started with "Helmet Shake". We addressed many things you are talking about.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had an 11 inch wind vest which is tall as they make. I'm 5 11 an could see well over the shield. An the recurve works well. No wind at all. Now the person on back would catch some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts