Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I recently purchased a 1996 Superglide from the local Harley Davidson dealer, Battley Cycles. It was a good experience and I am enjoying the bike.

They gave me a tour of the dealership, during which I was presented with a nice catalogue of parts for Harley Davidson Motorcycles. One of the items that I saw that interested me was a tall boy seat. However, it only fits 2006 and newer models.

I am fairly comfortable with the mid mounted pegs, but another inch (or even two) would not be unwelcome. I'm 6'4" and have much of my height in my legs. Does anyone know of an aftermarket seat that would accomplish this and fit my bike.

Alternatively, I saw a Sundowner touring seat that looks to have more depth than the current seat.

If I am simply out of luck then that is okay; this is not a major issue.

Thank you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Your best bet would be to find someone local who can modify your stock seat to your liking. Nothing fits better than something that is custom made for you. I had the Sundowner on my 05 Super Glide and found it did move me back a little compared to the stock seat. Seats are subjective though.

later,
KrustyTC

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Krusty. Back a little would be okay, but isn't a necessity. How comfortable was the Sundowner?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Extremely comfortable. A little wide in the leg area so it made it a little hard for me to flat foot the bike but that has more to do with my 32 inch inseam than anything else. I did sit on a friends Mustang seat this past weekend and that is a similar shape to the Sundowner but was more comfortable. More expensive as well but if your going to pay the money may as well get the most comfort possible.

later,
KrustyTC

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The width probably wouldn't be an issue for me. I have a 36" inseam.

I appreciate the feedback!

Thank you!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I feel the same as my 13 Super Glide could use an inch or so more space between the seat and the pegs. I am 6'2" and most people tell me to get forward controls. Personally I don't want them. I do have highway pegs that are great for stretching the legs out on the road.

I found where HD sells a seat that is an inch higher and an inch more rearward. Too me that sounds about perfect. I just have a hard time forking out that much cash for it. Seats aint cheap.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel the same as my 13 Super Glide could use an inch or so more space between the seat and the pegs. I am 6'2" and most people tell me to get forward controls. Personally I don't want them. I do have highway pegs that are great for stretching the legs out on the road.

I found where HD sells a seat that is an inch higher and an inch more rearward. Too me that sounds about perfect. I just have a hard time forking out that much cash for it. Seats aint cheap.
Because I am 6'4", people keep telling me to get the forward pegs as well, but I just don't care for them. I have the highway pegs but rarely use them.

HD's tallboy seat would be perfect, and given that you have a 2013, you can actually get one (fits '06 and later).

Just for reference, it adds two inches of height and moves you back an inch and three quarters andthe part number is 51471-06.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts