Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2000 Heritage Springer. It has 23000 on the odometer. After looking at the cam plate, hydraulic tensioner upgrade, plus a big bore kit, head work, etc, it seems that a 110B SE change over is very cost effective given that my son works for HD, and gets a 20% discount on P&A. My question is, will my 5-speed trans bolt up? I have $1500 in the trans with N1 Baker drum, billet shift forks, and a Hydraulic clutch swap. If not, what are the problems involved ? I have a carb, and will keep it.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Hi, I have a 2000 Heritage Springer. It has 23000 on the odometer. After looking at the cam plate, hydraulic tensioner upgrade, plus a big bore kit, head work, etc, it seems that a 110B SE change over is very cost effective given that my son works for HD, and gets a 20% discount on P&A. My question is, will my 5-speed trans bolt up? I have $1500 in the trans with N1 Baker drum, billet shift forks, and a Hydraulic clutch swap. If not, what are the problems involved ? I have a carb, and will keep it.

..............but a well-planned 98" kit, will have more snot and run cooler than the school-bus-cam equpped 110" and no fitment issues.
Scott

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I see that S&S has a 4" bore cyl and piston which supposedly does not require boring my cases. Do you have any feelings on it ?
4'' Bore Cylinder Kit for Super Sidewinder® kits
We prefer not to use our clients as Beta-Testers, for others fresh products.
We have Wiseco Piston, Mentor, Ohio, worlds largest powersports piston manufacturer(they now own J&E as well) produce/assemble piston/gasket Kits for us in not only #VT-1768 98", but #VT-1767 107" also.
One of the very first shops in the country to do so.
Besides that, our kits, boring your cylinders, with a COMPLETE Cometic gasket set, ring gaps are set and installed on pistons is $350.00 less than the S&S kit!!!!!...................and has been since 2007.
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts