Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been working on a Terminator 2 Fatboy recreation. I will be posting the part numbers of the bags/seats and color codes on the paint soon. Although the Movie Bike slips-on look stock they aren’t. Does anyone know the manufacturer and part numbers of the slip-on mufflers?

thx. Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
43,167 Posts
HD - 65380-90

BTW, how are you going to "recreate" something that wasn't changed from stock?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HD - 65380-90

BTW, how are you going to "recreate" something that wasn't changed from stock?

I need to clarify, sorry. The Terminator 2 Movie Fatboy did not have stock slip on mufflers. Mine does and I want to change them out

·
Registered
43,167 Posts
I need to clarify, sorry. The Terminator 2 Movie Fatboy did not have stock slip on mufflers. Mine does and I want to change them out
And you know this because???

·
Retired citizen
24,740 Posts
IMO this OP is all wrong. The OEM Fat Boy exhaust was specific to the exhaust muffler hanger that connected it to the frame. After market slip on muffs came with their own brand specific hangers, not adaptable to the H-D hangers. Copyright and patents infringement laws ya know !
Those slip on mufflers look like the popular Custom Chrome slip ons of the day IMO !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tips are shorter than stock and there is a logo that looks like it is MFR or MRB on the mufflers.
IMO this OP is all wrong. The OEM Fat Boy exhaust was specific to the exhaust muffler hanger that connected it to the frame. After market slip on muffs came with their own brand specific hangers, not adaptable to the H-D hangers. Copyright and patents infringement laws ya know !
Those slip on mufflers look like the popular Custom Chrome slip ons of the day IMO !

·
Registered
43,167 Posts
Reactions: TaxmanHog

·
Registered
43,167 Posts
Thanks for the Supertrapp info. Looks like the same logo also.
NP. I ran those same mufflers on my FXR for awhile. I recognized the logo from TaxMan's pics.

·
91 FXLR
95 Posts
My old 1995 Fatboy is identical to yours. Bad part is I sold it.

What lead up the Selling of it is, the Rear Cylinder lower Left Side was leaking Oil through the Base Gasket and it only had 5K miles. The Dealer fixed it 4 times.

After the Warranty ran out the Dealer told me I needed a New Engine... So $3,600 later I drove it home.

Back then I didn't know a set of New Base Gasket's, coated Top and Bottom with $20 bottle of Permatex Aviation Form-A-Gasket Sealant Liquid would have resolved the Issue....Forever......!!!!

Of course I would have needed new Head and Rocker Box Gaskets....!!! Now I use Cometic Metal Base Gaskets. Those 1990-98 Fatboy's were very bad about that Base Gasket Leaking on that spot. Harley fixed the Gasket in 1999 """THEY""" say. I fixed my Current 1999 Fatboy when it leaked.

Remember if this happens to your T2, It's a easy job to fix it, just take your time and do it Right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been working on a Terminator 2 Fatboy recreation. I will be posting the part numbers of the bags/seats and color codes on the paint soon. Although the Movie Bike slips-on look stock they aren’t. Does anyone know the manufacturer and part numbers of the slip-on mufflers?

thx. Brian

Give the HD museum a shout RE the specs and ask them any detailed questions you may have.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts