Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a Top end overhaul started her up and went for a 150 mile test run. I must say the engine ran good for my first time major service. It's a 2011 FLHTK Ultra Glide Limited with SE 10.5 to 1 high compression pistons - Vance and Hines Power Duals w Monster Rounds - Tuner and Stage one Breather w/ Wood 8-6 Cams
The Bike has 34,000 miles on it and had a valve train noise with Lots of Carbon Build up on the Pistons and Valves. So I rebuilt the Top end.
While I was driving I noticed the clutch seemed like it was slipping. At around 75 mph and about 3000 rpm's+ Dropped it down to 5th and gunned it. Tack went to 4,000 rpm's (felt like clutch was slipping) I also drove up a hill and released the clutch, then engaged the clutch and it grabbed ok, a little soft / smooth. I just came back from CO from NY with no clutch problems, just started happening after the work I performed.
Any suggestions please.
Thanks-

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Check the clutch adjustment, then if all is correct, I'd think the clutch might be worn, not showing until you increased the power, with the top end rebuild/ upgrade. Might need a stronger pressure plate or just a new clutch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advise, I think that's what's going on. If I can only find where these four bolts go that are left over I'd feel much better. They have a 6 written on top, six point. They are the same bolt that bolt on the breather way up top. (2 each cylinder) I believe there 6mm x 2" or 1.75" to the under the bolt head. 2/3rds are threaded. Thanks for the reply, any Idea's?

·
Hard Member
3,242 Posts
Thanks for the advise, I think that's what's going on. If I can only find where these four bolts go that are left over I'd feel much better. They have a 6 written on top, six point. They are the same bolt that bolt on the breather way up top. (2 each cylinder) I believe there 6mm x 2" or 1.75" to the under the bolt head. 2/3rds are threaded. Thanks for the reply, any Idea's?
Take a picture of them and post it. Someone here will know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts