·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The disgust with the Federal Govt will show up in a million small ways,

people and politicians alike says "IN YOUR EYE!" about things that were

always an over-reach of regulations.

Texas Senate Committee OKs Switchblade Bill

AUSTIN (May 17, 2013)--In a unanimous vote on Friday, the Texas Senate Criminal Justice Committee advanced a bill that would legalize switchblades.

The measure has already cleared the House.

The knives were outlawed across the country as an anti-gang measure in the 1950s, but several states have legalized them in the last few years at the urging of collectors and outdoorsmen.

The measure's author, state Rep. Harold Dutton, D-Houston. originally said he wanted to use the knife bill to open a debate on weapons laws, including gun control, but conservative Republicans embraced the measure, and it has produced few opportunities for debate.

After a quick vote as his desk, Committee Chairman John Whitmire shrugged.

"I figure everybody's got a switchblade if they want one anyway,” he said

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Good for them.... no reason a switch blade should not be legal...
Op's forgot, it is scary because it is Black.....

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I love the chairman's reasoning..... It's just like "well hell, they've obviously got em anyway....Why not?" :laugh

We can have them here, too. I have several Microtechs that eject and retract out the front at the flick of a switch.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's very interesting to me about this is why they would bother?

What constituency with any standing at all is pushing this? Is there even anyone pushing?

and if there is any, would they would have gotten any traction at all in the past ?

Or have politicians realized that the popular move today is to gut regulation?

For many decades, politicians in office felt it was a good idea to get noticed passing a law,

any law, frequently it was a stupid or bad idea, or an abuse of regulatory authority,

something some visible minority of snivelers and finger-pointers was pushing.

I'm hoping this indicates the start of a major swing in politicians minds

towards the view that MOST govt regulations are more than a little

abusive of their authority and less is MUCH better, the MUCH better way to get votes

is to tear down the mess that was made before they got there.

:thumb

The measure's author, state Rep. Harold Dutton, D-Houston. originally said
he wanted to use the knife bill to open a debate on weapons laws,
including gun control, but conservative Republicans embraced the measure,
and it has produced few opportunities for debate.

BTW, I looked up the sponsor of the bill, Texas State Rep. Harold Dutton, D-Houston,

His district is as Blue as any in the country, and I seriously doubt he intended this bill

to result in the passing of a law allowing switchblades, he was trying to get a sideways

discussion on gun control started. I believe conservatives rammed it down his throat.

·
Banned
366 Posts
as a trained soldier we can turn a brick into a mass murder weapon because we train stealth from the 6 nations mohawks to our special forces, they had primitive weapons butg we as Americans learned their geurilla warfare stealth from them because we were not arrogant too arrogant to learn from battle harden soldiers, IMO thats why we became superior is because we learned from our enemies we improved & brought down helllfire like nooone ever imagined..... our only problem now is isreal & russia gave them mobile versions for cheap....this where must reconsider who actually are our friends & just pretends to like us for tech IMO

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nathan, don't you love to see things blow up in their face, that benefit the regular joes.
Oh for sure. I've said many times I wish the political landscape would change so these scum-suckers

have to go into witness protection program when they finally get sent home, although if I had my wish

Harry Reed and Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank and Chuck Schumer and Diane Feinstein and Al Franken

would have to live amongst the citizens they had disrespected and denigrated and felt they were beyond the reach of,

and they'd get the tar beat out of them by their neighbors every time they left the house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts