Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 533 Posts

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Ok guys it is that time again, time to start planning.

Everyone pretty much agreed that 9-30 / 10-1-16 is a good weekend for the ride.
The destination will be the hill country. It will be a weekend event where we arrive Friday afternoon and plan a day of riding on Saturday.

Now there are some roads we have not been on as a group so we can catch these this year too.

I have been elected for the patch guy again, so come up with some ideas and we can have it made.

I hope we have more riders for the 2016 run, cause we do have fun when we ride.

Let the games begin

Official Hotel for the Twister 2016
http://www.yoranchhotel.com/

Attendees

Delta+1 Booked at YO
Zeero+1- Booked at YO
Chadfish Booked at YO
Pipewizard- Booked at YO
Gtrman66- Booked at YO
Fartboy Booked at YO
Robertwy Booked at YO
PHDHarley50 Booked at YO
Tommytailspin Booked at YO
Geezer72- Booked at YO
HDsickness

Maybe?

DoubleJ
Silvereagle50
Kd5cqt

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Dang... was hoping that it was the same weekend as last year. That fell on our "Fall Break", so we had off Wednesday-Friday plus the weekend. For this we would have to take a day off work (school), but we will see if we can make it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Oh my... just checked. That would be a 500 mile day getting there friday and another 500 back on sunday. ouch! I don't mind 500 mile days, but 2 out of 3 sounds like not to much time for fun...

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh my... just checked. That would be a 500 mile day getting there friday and another 500 back on sunday. ouch! I don't mind 500 mile days, but 2 out of 3 sounds like not to much time for fun...
Mike
If it was easy everyone would be doing it, besides this is Texas nothing is close around here. A regular run for us for lunch may be 350 miles round trip or farther... Ask Tommytailspin about distance. He comes down from Kansas.

It is not about the destination; it is all about the Journey that matters.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Mike
If it was easy everyone would be doing it, besides this is Texas nothing is close around here. A regular run for us for lunch may be 350 miles round trip or farther... Ask Tommytailspin about distance. He comes down from Kansas
Oh I know Delta and I ain't scared of a 500 mile day or two. Would just be more doable if there was 2 or 3 days in between to play with.

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I know Delta and I ain't scared of a 500 mile day or two. Would just be more doable if there was 2 or 3 days in between to play with.
I hear ya there...we can always change the date if everyone agrees.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I'm not asking for you to change the date just for me.

·
Vanilla Gorilla
1,384 Posts
Put me down as a maybe...Looks like my big trip may be out next year due to family vacation but I could probably/hopefully swing a shorter trip if that happens.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lunch bread suggestion for the Saturday ride

Don't know if anyone has a route for the Saturday ride yet, but this place would probably be a fun and good place for lunch.

Texas Monthly rated it the number 3 best burger in Texas.

http://www.alamospringscafe.com/menu.pdf

I'd be happy to come up with a proposed route if anyone wants me to. I've ridden all over the hill country several times. There's obviously a bunch of good roads to ride. I just need to know if Leakey is the base again.

Meant to type "Lunch Break"

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
that sounds like an awesome idea. Since I come the back way these days, I dont get to pass through Fredricksburg anymore. Making an trip there for the afternoon would be a great day for sure.

I am certainly fine with Robert handling the routing for Saturday.

I am obviously fine with making Leakey home base, but open to any options anyone wants to present.

1 - 20 of 533 Posts