Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to think about and gather ideas for the Texas Twister 4. We need dates, ride ideas, and accommodations.

Ideas:
1. Go back to Hill country area
2. Go to Alpine, Marfa, Ft.Davis, Terlingua, Presidio area
3. Do #2, come back through Del Rio, Leaky, Hill Country.
4. Something else

Do we want to do 3 days Fri-Sun, or 4 days Thur- Sun?

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It will depend on the dates for me and my wife. Would have to be before school starts. That's what kept us from going this time. Otherwise three days in the hill country sounds good to me.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure why we couldn't have it before school starts except for it being a little hotter. Also closer in dates to the Collision around June 11th. It would be easier for me also to have it before school starts; I have a son in school.

We might could do Aug. 11, 12, 13 2017

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
It was great to meet up with you guys on Saturday. Wish I could have ridden for more than a couple of hours. When we were riding towards Bandera I just kept saying to my self "this sucks, this sucks". I did not want to pull off from the group but I had no choice. Glad to see there were no keyboard bikers there! You guys are hard core! Hammer on the other hand might be stone cold crazy!

I am open to whatever you guys come up with. No way in hell I am going to miss it!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It was great to meet up with you guys on Saturday. Wish I could have ridden for more than a couple of hours. When we were riding towards Bandera I just kept saying to my self "this sucks, this sucks". I did not want to pull off from the group but I had no choice. Glad to see there were no keyboard bikers there! You guys are hard core! Hammer on the other hand might be stone cold crazy!

I am open to whatever you guys come up with. No way in hell I am going to miss it!

Was awesome to meet you also Olaf. Real sorry you had to pull out of formation in Bandera. Looking forward to next time.

I actually did go down in June, but August??? Whew, that would be rough. They used to call one of the routes "The Hotter than Hell 100", or something like that many moons ago.

I like the October(ish) dates

·
Registered
102 Posts
Was awesome to meet you also Olaf. Real sorry you had to pull out of formation in Bandera. Looking forward to next time.

I actually did go down in June, but August??? Whew, that would be rough. They used to call one of the routes "The Hotter than Hell 100", or something like that many moons ago.

I like the October(ish) dates
The "Hotter than Hell 100" is a bicycle ride in Wichita Falls every August which I've ridden a couple of times and can vouch that it has an accurate name. I've also ridden a motorcycle in the hill county in August, but never again because it's also hotter than hell.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
We rode the sisters this past July. I'm not gonna say it wasn't hot cause it was. And we were wearing full face helmets, mesh jackets, jeans and boots. My wife wanted to jump in the Frio river but our swim suits were at the motel and there were children swimming there so no skinny dipping. It really wasn't all that bad if you were moving. At the end of the day we ordered pizza at the hotel and cooled off in the pool with some cold beer. But yes it was hot.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
back in the 70's and 80's, my recollection is that there were not many Motorcycles running the hills in those days, but what started this trend was the Lance Armstrong type bicyclists that would come to the area to train. Eventually the Moto's caught on and well......The rest is history. It was not until much later in life I heard the term "Three Sisters".

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well there goes the other shoe. Some people can't ride in September and others won't ride in August. This was bound to happen.

So dates:
1: August 11, 12, 13
2: September 29, 30, October 1
3: October 6, 7, 8

Start looking at your calendars and give us an idea of what will and will not work for you. Yes it's a long way off but what you could do this year you can probably do next year.

I am retired and can/will do any of them.
Doc

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts

It was great to meet you as well Olaf! And I have been called "slightly" unstable more than once.....Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Mid August would be a melt down in South Texas (hell, texas anywhere). Would be enough for me to NOT go. But I haven't made one yet. So who am i to say anything.
And I teach school, my school would start by those dates.
Now for another thought on dates, Willow City Loop and the Sisters would have to be an awesome sight in April when the blue bonnets are blooming.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts