Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Texas Twister #9 will be held in Canyon Texas on September 15,16,17 2022 (arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday).

David (Fartboy) and I scouted out the rides and hotels in the area. I will post the hotel information soon.
Font Screenshot Paper Paper product Document

My number is (940) 452-5344, to contact me.

Doc

·
Viet Nam 69/70
3,293 Posts
Doc I'm already in Just waiting for the hotel info, room is booked. Long list of "things" that are not allowed on the "property".

·
Asylum Inmate
13,282 Posts
My schedule is always dependent on my papers passing peer review. But as of now that week is wide open so I scheduled myself into the Midland Texas office for the week and the week after. I am hopeful.

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
4,004 Posts
Gotta have yo guns when in Texas
I'm still 50/50 on whether or not I am going but if you wanted to link up for it if I do go, I'm splitting it into two days, leaving Wednesday and either: 1) ride up I-85 to I-65 to Memphis and take I-40 across spending the night in a cheap dump probably somewhere in central or western Oklahoma; or 2) riding to outside Montgomery and taking 80W to I-20 and stopping at a cheap dump probably somewhere in east Texas just past the Louisiana state line. Be cheaper to split a room at the mid-point.

I normally don't normally wake up until nearly noon, but usually try to get on the road by 10 am for long trips, but I'd plan to hit the first day stop around 8-9 pm or something if I can. I haven't really planned it out, the route is just under 1200 miles for me if I use I-40 and 1100 or so miles if I take I-20. I'd like to stop somewhere the first day that I only would have 400-500 miles to go the second day and being in Canyon TX around dinner time.

Long trips, I pound it on the slab usually around 80 mph and stopping every 120-160 miles or so.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts