Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a bar change...everything works fine but the engine light is on with codes P1510/p2138 and can't clear them can I get some help on this ...don't really want to take it to the slealership.

·
Retired citizen
23,859 Posts
Sounds like the connector came apart inside at the TBW sensor. Remove the right grip and take a look inside, small green plastic connector. (I think it's green.)
They break easy but can be secured with a small tie strap wrapped around the male and female halves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....I'm going to try that this weekend but I'm sure the that did the bar swap, soldered the wires....this is driving nuts.
.cause I'm planning a trip easter weekend. ...maybe since I'm removing it,should I just go ahead and change the TGS..?
Again everything works fine. It's just clearing the codes.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Thanks....I'm going to try that this weekend but I'm sure the that did the bar swap, soldered the wires....this is driving nuts.
.cause I'm planning a trip easter weekend. ...maybe since I'm removing it,should I just go ahead and change the TGS..?
Again everything works fine. It's just clearing the codes.
If you change it, buy the one that has the CVO part number. It doesn't have the plug coupling on it and the wiring is significantly longer. It should allow you to have solid wiring all the way through the handlebars.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
If you change it, buy the one that has the CVO part number. It doesn't have the plug coupling on it and the wiring is significantly longer. It should allow you you not have solid wiring all the way through the handlebars.

Exactly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts