Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished painting my engine complete 2 days ago.. at first startup the good for nothin quick connect fuel line WITH NO MANUAL CUTOFF dumped my fuel all over it..
Thanks HD...why the manual cutoff was taken out of the loop is beyond me.. goodbye FI..hello gravity feed and carb..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Never had a problem with my quick disconnect - it works perfect. Had the tank off a few times when working on my bike. 2016 Ultra Limited.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
1st post vomit? Well, now that your stomach is empty, hope you feel better! And oh, welcome to our forum........... :rolleyes:

·
V-Twin Junkie
927 Posts
Had my tank off multiple times (half a dozen or so), never leaked other than the tiny weep when you are disconnecting it.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Sorry your stuff got messed up, but seriously, blaming someone else for something you did (or didn't do) in your first post? If I was you I would be pretty pissed off too, but at myself. Anyway, welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,328 Posts
I hope you put the proper clearcoat on it...or....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope you put the proper clearcoat on it...or....
Bike had sat up awhile before I bought it. Never thought about the seals.. to be honest I never even noticed if there was one on my 07 FXSTB. I just think its a bad idea to take the manual fuel cutoff out of the system. It could have saved a lot of work..no I didn't have the clear on it yet and the epoxy wasn't completely cured either. My clear Cerakote order came in today and will be using that whenever this new epoxy has cured..I have to do a couple of sidearms so I figured I'd clear the bike with it too. Should work great. Included ole pic of Dark Vader.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
The tank and the line has check balls in them. When the roll test the bikes at the factory they hook the fuel line directly to a fuel feed and when they are done disconnect it. This happens 100s of time a day and I’ve never seen any spilled. Here is the procedure to depressurize a Harley fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts