Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
On the loose
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my 1st round of mods on my Street Glide the last couple of nights. Just tear down so far , already had my seat narrowed and lowered by Mean City Cycles , changing bars , going to a chrome front end , painting the inner fairing , different speakers and maybe an amp , that may wait till spring arrives , rear shocks are also yet possible.

Attachments

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,117 Posts
Thanks for sharing Duce, staying tuned.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
thanks for sharing the post. and for my opinion, the speakers and the amp are a must. Promise you will like the difference. go with the fosgate pbr 300x2 amp and the Polk mm651 speakers. Seems my price for that was around $300

·
2,327 Posts
Nice project. Are you buying the painted fairing from HD, or is someone going to shoot it. That's a beautiful color.

·
Was Briefly First
1,753 Posts
I couldn't help but notice that the wiring in on the outside of the old bars. Is that stock on 2014 Street Glide?
Yes, it is. As far as I know, wires outside the bars is stock on just about everything.

·
On the loose
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for sharing the post. and for my opinion, the speakers and the amp are a must. Promise you will like the difference. go with the fosgate pbr 300x2 amp and the Polk mm651 speakers. Seems my price for that was around $300
That is the amp I planed to go with , thinking Infinity Kappa's 62.11i's or Hertz speakers. The Kappa's are 2ohm so they would work well as just stock replacements or with an amp.

Nice project. Are you buying the painted fairing from HD, or is someone going to shoot it. That's a beautiful color.
I have a guy thats painting it for me , $150 + paint vs $650 from the MoCo.

I couldn't help but notice that the wiring in on the outside of the old bars. Is that stock on 2014 Street Glide?
Yes sir , thats the stock wiring , good eye , I posted that pic cause I thought it may be different from the pre 14's. HD makes an 8 "extension kit thats plug & play for $30 too.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
looking good man!

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product.... Painted inner fairing is the best money you can spend...in my opinion.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Yes, it is. As far as I know, wires outside the bars is stock on just about everything.

I believe that the CVO's come internally wired from the factory, from what I remember reading, but that's it. But they also get good chrome bars as well.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Only problem that I can see so far is there is a big hunk of steel between the bike and the shop tools. It's understandable though, sometimes you are just too close to the issue to see the obvious. That is why we are here, to help you out.
You.
Are.
Welcome.

·
On the loose
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hit the 1st snag today . Went to the paint shop and there closest match wasn't close so my other option is to buy the MoCo paint @ $190 qt , the smallest amount they sell , go gloss black , really don't want to go that route , or get better paint code details.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
moco controls the paint, we have no options

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
On the loose
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Last I looked , Harley was using PPG paint .
Thanks webco , thats what I'm coming up with too .

Duce have a look at this site.
Painted Harley Fairings
I have this site saved on FB acually , depending on what paint cost's I got a guy just waiting to do it for $150 + paint , I wana say this site is about $400 - 450 but they do the remove / install for that price too.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Check out Color Rite . I used their paint to do my lower leg fairings in charcoal pearl and I am pleased. I was not as happy with their clear but I managed to make it work. I also have a painted inner but it is from the MoCo. Used it as part of making me feel like I got a " deal " when I purchased the bike ! Good luck and have fun with it.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts