Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good to see that here, watched it two times. kinda reminds me of home, oh wait it is home! thanks.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As always Mike, good to hear from you. Hey, nice avatar. Nice looking bike and looking forward to when we can connect. Went on a lunchtime ride today and snow melt running across highways/roads up high had the bike filthy when I returned. Ahhh... but good to get out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks very nice Steve, just like the roads we have here. Well except for the mountains and tunnels oh and the curves but otherwise it's the exact same. :)

Really though thanks for sharing that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I do remember. Next time we do a ride, you need to shoot some footage with us in front of you.

·
Motorcycle Junkie
40 Posts
Nice vid Steve! What all do ya use for the helmet cam set up? Have always kind of wanted one. What do I need to know and what kind of prices am I lookin at?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reabear... the easiest thing to do is just attach a MiniDV cam to the handlebars and press record. Can find a page of mounting options at: http://www.pashnit.com/more/cameramount.htm

For the recording of this ride I put a MiniDV in a fanny pack and it took a feed from a bullet cam I attached to the side of the helmet. Found the bulletcam at helmetcamera.com. I used this set-up for this recording knowing I would be looking around at the canyon walls, river, etc. Helmets cam offer a flexibility option (Any bike, look around for the viewer, etc), but there is a complexity, a nasty network of cables, etc.

You will find costs for these things at the links above. HTH, Steve

·
Motorcycle Junkie
40 Posts
reabear... the easiest thing to do is just attach a MiniDV cam to the handlebars and press record. Can find a page of mounting options at: http://www.pashnit.com/more/cameramount.htm

For the recording of this ride I put a MiniDV in a fanny pack and it took a feed from a bullet cam I attached to the side of the helmet. Found the bulletcam at helmetcamera.com. I used this set-up for this recording knowing I would be looking around at the canyon walls, river, etc. Helmets cam offer a flexibility option (Any bike, look around for the viewer, etc), but there is a complexity, a nasty network of cables, etc.

You will find costs for these things at the links above. HTH, Steve
:notw: Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
What you need is:
1. one of these $30.00 brackets http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=18871&department=675&division=6&WT.MC_ID=80003
2. some duct tape
3. a digital video camera
4. almost any video editing software
5. some time to ride and play around with the software
The clamp is highly adjustable.

Here are some pictures of the setup. Don't forget to attatch a tether in case you primary mounting fails (Right Steve:rofl: Clearcreek Canyon) The duct tape helps to limit vibrations by securing to the side of the windscreen.

It isn't pretty , but the results often are.

OK. Lets see If I can upload these pics.

Attachments

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,750 Posts
I VERY MUCH prefer the motor rumble for the soundtrack.
I especially wished I could have been hearing it in the tunnels.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I VERY MUCH prefer the motor rumble for the soundtrack.
I especially wished I could have been hearing it in the tunnels.
Unfortunately, helmet/bullet cams come with a lame hi-gain mic and the ability to cancel out wind noise and such is about nil.

Do have other vids not posted where the exhaust note comes out in glorious fashion.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,086 Posts
That's close to where I have routed for tis summer. Going to see how much trouble it will be to include taht stretch of highway on my trip. Thanks for the video. Really cool!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great vid! I've just got to get out there and ride that area. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts