Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that dyna wg's have this little waggle kinda feeling in the suspension when riding thru corners or riding over irregular roads. It is said to be felt only some of the time thou.
Oh yeah! I have a stock 99 wg that has been lowered 1" if that matters.
Would a steering damper help or is there another solution??
Thx's

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I had a 2004 fxdwg and now have a 2007 never notice that and the 2007 went to artic circle and back summer of 2008 and the Alcan and Dalton hwy had a few rough spots so maybe just with older wide glides

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
I've heard that dyna wg's have this little waggle kinda feeling in the suspension when riding thru corners or riding over irregular roads. It is said to be felt only some of the time thou.
Oh yeah! I have a stock 99 wg that has been lowered 1" if that matters.
Would a steering damper help or is there another solution??
Thx's

It's the rear swingarm that is allowed to float due to the rubber mounted motor that causes the waggle...

Theres a few manufacturers that make chassis stabilizers to eliminate that flex.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who would be those mfg's of the wide glide stabilizer for the suspension? I actually thought it might just be my tires which still have alot of tread left. Metzler 880's...i'd like to try a set of Michelins,i've not heard a single negative comment on them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx's for the info on those stabilizers for the dynamic. I watched the video and can't imagine that wobble with the wife on the back...could be real scary!
They seem spends,but Harley would be in deep do do if they ever tried to rectify that flaw.
Does that situation exist on the "B" motor bikes that are solid mounted with the counter balancer system?

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
Does that situation exist on the "B" motor bikes that are solid mounted with the counter balancer system?
Nope, just on the rubber mounted motors, a lesser extent on FXRs due to their 3 point mounting system vs the Dyna 2 point.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No b..t puckering here!...just a tech.?
I don't push the limits of the wg. If i was going for some peg scraping in the corners,there are way better bikes....thanx's for the info everybody.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts