Harley Davidson Forums banner

401 - 420 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've eaten Moose and it's good.... yup, like venison. PETA = please eat tasty animals! :nod
There's a place for all of Gods creatures........next to the mashed potatoes and gravy. :grin

·
Super Moderator
4,242 Posts
Small lake, maybe a big pond at my new place. Maybe about 14 acres. I have a dock and a small boat so loving life. I took the kids out for the first attempt at fishing and caught a small bass and a massive snapping turtle. I couldn't believe that it let me pull it in. It had to have stepped on the hook, I snagged it by the webbing in its back foot and it let me pull it in. I got the hook out, kids were very entertained. I know they are good eating but I was not prepared to catch that monster. He would not have fit in my bucket. Good Day!

Since the lake is property of the subdivision, only about 30 houses with only about 10 on the lake, do I need a fishing license?

·
Registered
22,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Florida man who sawed nose off endangered fish now facing prison, hefty fines

A man in Florida is facing prison time and fines of up to $50,000 for sawing off the rostrum, or the snout-like protrusion, of a live endangered fish before throwing it back in the sea.

Chad Ponce, 38, appeared in court on Friday, where he pleaded guilty to killing an endangered smalltooth sawfish last year. The species — which is identified by a rostrum lined with sharp teeth resembling a saw — is said to be dependent on its protruding nose for swimming, direction and locating prey.

Ponce, from Jacksonville, had reeled in the sawfish on July 18, 2018, according to the United States Attorney’s Office, Middle District of Florida. He then used a power saw to remove the fish’s rostrum before letting it back into the waters near Ponte Vedra, Florida. .....

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Reactions: candyman1340

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,750 Posts
401 - 420 of 458 Posts